
Current Project:AGENT DADDY
Status:page 235
Yoo hoo, wake up. It's a cold rainy day, perfect for settling down with a nice warm drink and a keyboard (unless you're winging your way to an exotic location...)
Whenever I make a substantial and potentially major change to an existing copy of a WIP, I duplicate the current copy, sequentially number the new one and work on it. It's a safety net in case the new tangent peters out and it's not atypical for me to have seven or eight progressive copies as the weeks and months go by. I will say I can't remember ever going back. Anyway, in this book, I am currently working on #18. Eighteen! Good grief.
I have a free weekend ahead and major hopes to wrap this baby up within the next few days. The end always goes faster than the middle although this is where those vague images in my head (and in the synopsis) start to catch up with me. "They flush the heroine out of the house," now needs to be a scene or two and reasonable and plausible and INTERESTING. Ack!
So, where are you, are you happy with your progress, what are your plans?
5 comments:
Hi Alice,
Congrats on 'wrapping' it up hopefully this weekend.
We have fog on our side of the mountain. And my dh has errands to run this morning so I'm hoping for some more writing time.
I did more editing this week than writing. I did finish polishing the Pinkerton story and sent it off to my oldest CP to give it another once over since so far no agent has been clamoring for it.
I'm on page 4 of the WIP and hope to have a full chapter done on Monday to send to the CP who is also starting a project and we're going to trade a chapter a week.
I've had a lot of good character revealing scenes playing out in my head on the WIP, and I'm excited to tell Clay and Rachel's story!
Happy writing!
"They flush the heroine out of the house..."
I see a giant toilet and the water circling, dragging her down, down, down into the abyss as she scream, "No No! That's not what the muse meant!!!!"
My imagination is alive and kickin' today.
Okay, let's see. This week I gave my talk to WW, updated my website, wrote the epilogue to STOLEN FURY and put that up on my website (the epilogue gives sneak peeks at what's coming in the next two books), had that magical AHA!!! moment about characters/events in my paranormal series, and added about 8 pgs to the RA proposal I'm working on.
Whew! No wonder I'm tired today!!
Glad to hear you're closing in on the home stretch, Alice.
(And, BTW...it's sunny and gorgeous up here today!)
I'm very, very busy with school and recovering from el plague of doom, but I had a glimmer of something . . . promising this week. Also, in writing-but-not-really-writing news, Tavy finished weaning this week (thank you, stomach bug!), and I am now able to contemplate joining the beach retreat and working that glimmer into something more like an outline. Or even, my goodness, perhaps an honest to god chapter.
I just got back from Eugene where I'd spent last night with my daughter and grandson after attending her amazing one-person art show at a gallery downtown! Words can't describe the pride a mother feels as she watches hundreds of people appraise her baby's phenomenal artwork. My baby's 30 years old, but she's still my baby. It was super fun to witness her success. Then I took my grandson home and we played Wii baseball and tennis before breaking out the monopoly board. He creamed me.
Alice, that's great you're wrapping up the book! I have four more big scenes to write (not counting the bridge scenes, ahem) before Mystic is done. I'm on page 338. Wheee! I might even get some writing done tonight.
Paty, great work with the editing and I hope you hear from an agent soon.
Eli, I read your blog post about Magic yesterday, but didn't have a chance to comment. It sounds wonderful, though! I'm so happy for you.
I have about 40 more emails to read through, then I think I'll take a nap.
Hey, Alice! Congratulations on being almost done!
And I'm glad yesterday turned out sunny and fairly temperate in my little world.
I'm making progress on other projects, including promotion, but not on actual writing. I'm going back to not making goals. I seemed to make more progress that way. :)
Sounds like it's been a breakthrough week for several of you. That's great!
Post a Comment