Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bookmark This

Current Project: The Sandy Contest Entries
Status: DONE!

February is kicking my behind 28 ways to March, and I'm still bummed from missing RWA last night, and yet, I feel more like a writer than I have in a year and half. Perhaps I'm buoyed by my contest final, or perhaps it's a new idea I have that has me super excited, or perhaps it's just seeing what all of you amazing ladies have happening. I've been making a big effort to stay more connected to the writing community (sadly, this has not resulted in my commenting more, but I am reading!).

I find that when I check in with Smart Bitches, Running With Quills, Argh Ink(Jennifer Crusie's blog), and Romancing the Blog, my brain switches into "writer mode." And I love it when I discover a new blog like my latest find, Courtney Milan, whose series on Copyright Law is one of the most engaging writer-law pieces I've seen in a while.

Which writer blogs are your daily reads? Anyone new on your list? Any undiscovered treasure on your list? Share!

5 comments:

Alice Sharpe said...

I'm glad you're feeling more like a writer and approaching a new story with such enthusiasm! Bravo!

No help to you on the blog thing as I seldom read anyone's blog but the ones on here. I don't know why but they don't really attract me although I check out those suggested by friends and enjoy them but poof! then it's over. (Hanging head, feeling a little dim-witted.)

Hope I see you one of these days!

Paty Jager said...

Wavy, Glad to hear you are feeling like a writer again! I missed last night's meeting , too. Wasn't feeling perky and then saw the three inches of snow at our house and the mess on the mountain and decided to stay home. Glad I did as the DH came home from work miserable with some crud.

I like reading other blogs, but it can eat up a whole day if you let it!I have a list on my blog of the ones I frequent. I may not always leave a comment but I read them. I like the blogs like Petticoats and Pistols, the Cactus Rose, Historical Hussies because the posters put up historical info.

But I also like my friend Helen's Wednesday Hunk blog!! It gets the blood pumping when you have the mid-week blues!

And reading friend's blogs to keep up to date on what they are up to.

But it can eat up a lot of time so I try to keep it confined to the first hour of the day.

The blogs you read sound interesting, I'll have to check them out- tomorrow morning. LOL This is the only blog I visit off and on all day.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

The more I write, the less blogs I check. I tend to go in waves. Though I do read this one every day. ;)

So glad you're doing so well and feeling more "writerly". Way to go again on the contest final! Wahoo!!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Wavy! Glad you're feeling "writerly"!

The only blogs I check on a regular basis are this one and the Portland chapter one. I check others occasionally as someone recommends a particular post. However, as others have mentioned, it can eat up a lot time and I'm trying to stick to a productive schedule, which means limiting my time on blogs and e-mails.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wavy! Always enjoy hearing from you. I read this blog, Paty's, Eli's, and yours, and that's pretty much it.

My son has a new blog he's started and he wants me to read it; but I keep forgetting because I've not bookmarked it yet. LOL Poor kid.

I don't always check in everyday on any of these blogs, either. Shame on me! But, the other day I was reading your blog and found a post where you mentioned MyPlate.com, so I went there and now I'm hooked! It's totally helping me to keep track of everything! I LOVE IT!! So, thanks for that. :)

Great to hear that your contest final has given you such a boost! It's so fun to be excited about new ideas, isn't it? Have fun with it! And just do what you can with this stage of your life. Don't push or get overwhelmed.

Oh, and I was wondering, since this February is kicking your behind 28 ways to March; would it be kicking it 29 ways if it were a leap year? LOLOLOL *smack me!*