Since today is open, I thought maybe we'd do something fun. In the comment section, answer the following questions. Hopefully we'll all learn something new about each other!
1. What (book) are you working on now?
2. What's on your night stand?
3. Who is (are) your favorite author(s)?
4. Last book that made you cry?
5. Last movie that stayed with you longer than the credits?
6. What are you doing tonight?
That's it. Answer away!
9 comments:
OK, just for fun.
1. Am working on LOVES RESCUE by Tammy BArley,AFTER MIDNIGHT by Teresa Medeiros, RUMOR HAS IT by Tami Hoag (in the car on CD) and 3 more at work I'd have to see to copy the title and author.
2.A clock radio, telephone, lamp, box of tissue, chapstick, lotion, and tags off some clothes.
3. Julie Garwood, Janet Chapman, Karen Moning, and way too many others to list.
4. Umbrella Summer, an excellent children's book by Lisa Graff.
5. Any of the Harry Potter movies and Twilight. I'm a children's librarian and those are the only movies I've seen in theaters lately.
6. Since it is almost 2AM, I'm going to bed. Had to run errands after work so got home and on the computer late.
1. Current WIP's... Contagion, The Beach House, Untitled (yep, that's three WIP's. I'm an idiot, I know. LOL But, it's how I roll)
2. On my night stand... Stolen Heat by Elisabeth Naughton (I'm on page 265 which is depressing because it's almost over and then I have to wait FOREVER to get Stolen Seduction *sigh*, Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (which I read every once in a while)
3. My favorite authors... Too many to name. :)
4. Last book to make me cry... I have NO idea. I'm wracking my brain and I can't think of any. But there's been several, I'm sure.
5. Movie that stayed with me... Anything that has Gerard Butler in it. And I mean, ANYTHING!! Heck, I can watch a youtube video of him and it stays with me. He's sooo dreamy. *sigh*
6. Tonight is family movie night, so we ate junk food and watched 'Push', then 'Ghost Town'. They were both pretty good. But I laughed my behind off with Ghost Town because Ricky Gervais is in it.
A side note: Has anyone ever watched, 'Spaced'? It's on Hulu.com and it's one of the best TV shows I've ever seen. It's from England and it stars Simon Pegg and Jessica Hynes, formerly Jessica Stevenson. Oh my heck!! It's too funny! But for adults only because of language, well, because of most of it's content actually, but it's ROTFLMAO funny. Seriously. And if you happen to watch it at Hulu.com and you hate it, then I guess my humour is VERY twisted. LOL
Hope everything went great at Powell's tonight Eli and Lisa! Let us know the details!!
Current WIP is CLAMSHELL COVE (set in a fictional town on the Oregon coast) that's a women's fiction novel with paranormal elements. Wavy, my pole dancer is in there, only she's now a spinster not a widow, and she teaches pole dancing yoga. Wrap your mind around THAT one, LOL! :)
On my night stand: Blood Lines by Eileen Wilks.
Favorite authors: Suzanne Collins, Joe Hill, Clive Barker, Liz Williams, Pat Conroy, Alice Hoffman, Billie Letts, Fannie Flagg.
Last book to make me cry: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Most amazing book I've read in years. It's YA, but way too brutal for young teens.
Last movie to stay with me: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.
What I'm doing tonight: Nothing. Probably working because I'm on deadline for a huge design project. All my ads need to be uploaded to the printer by Monday and I'm still waiting for approvals from advertisers. I'm sure Genene can relate. :)
Piper, I loved watching "Spaced" on Hulu.com! Hilarious show. Those Brits are awesome when it comes to comedy. Speaking for myself, it's triply funny from a clueless perspective when it comes to British culture. It's so fun!
I'm also totally wrapped up in the Greek series about college life and the sorority and fraternity system. I went to college but never joined a sorority so I feel like I'm getting filled in on all the stuff I missed.
1. What (book) are you working on now? NMMNG, a YA about that happens when a good guy decides to become a bad boy to get the girl of his dreams.
2. What's on your night stand? When good things happen to Bad Boys (anthology), and Stolen Heat :P
3. Who is (are) your favorite author(s)? You really want the whole list??? How about my newest favorites: Megan Whalen Turner, Karen Marie Moning (sp), Megan McCafferty . . .
4. Last book that made you cry? King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner. This seris is a MUST read.
5. Last movie that stayed with you longer than the credits? Benjamin Button.
6. What are you doing tonight? Last night I went out to dinner with my brothers, and tonight I'm hoping to get cranking on revisions to my previous YA and have daddy do bedtime.
That's it. Answer away!
Love these answers. And you girls are too funny about The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I watched the first half of that movie, was so bored out of my head that I turned it off. Was it really that good?
Patricia, thanks for stopping by! Wow, you're reading a lot of books at the same time!
I like your nightstand element, "tags off some clothes". I think I have some of those on my nightstand as well. LOL
Here are my answers. I posted this as I was running out the door yesterday and didn't have time to contribute.
1. What (book) are you working on now?
Writing? 2nd paranormal in my new series, working title is DECEIVED.
Reading? THE MADNESS OF LORD IAN MACKENZIE (GREAT book!!)
2. What's on your night stand?
Candles, a little vase of flowers, my OSU coaster for my water (shush, Lisa) and THE MADNESS OF LORD IAN MACKENZIE.
3. Who is (are) your favorite author(s)?
I'm with Piper...too many to count. But some favs include all the MWV authors, Joan Swan (my CP who is not yet published but will be soon!), Judith McNaught, JRR Tolkein, CS Lewis & LM Montgomery.
4. Last book that made you cry?
Egad, I can't remember. I don't usually cry during books. Will have to think about my own question here.
5. Last movie that stayed with you longer than the credits?
Journey to the Center of the Earth. I know, I know. Totally unbelievable, but it was a FUN movie, and since I love scientific elements, I really enjoyed this one.
And finally,
6. What are you doing tonight?
Well LAST night I was at a book club/signing event (which I was srunning out the door to when I posted this). Tonight I'm chilling with the family, hoping to do some writing.
1. What (books) are you working on now? Christmas Proposal, For a Sister's Love, Spirit of the Lake
2. What's on your night stand? An old fashioned oil lamp made electric, Kleenex, lotion, Nez Perce Myths and Legends, Crossings (a book about the Nez Perce flight to Canada) A cowboy Christmas Anthology, SEXY ORIGINS AND INTIMATE THINGS by Charles Panati
3. Who is (are) your favorite author(s)? I have quite a few some mysteries some romance. Too many to list them all.
4. Last book that made you cry? No book has made me cry.
5. Last movie that stayed with you longer than the credits? Hairspray because I could relate to the main actress in that movie. I looked like her in high school minus the high hair.
6. What are you doing tonight?I'm at my daughter's getting rested up to babysit my granddaughter's tomorrow and Tuesday.
I'm catching up on posts -- better let than never, I guess. :-)
1. Current WIPs: One about alternate dimensions (that I described to someone at one of the meetings as a cross between Alias and Sliders, only...not) and one about a woman who starts seeing/talking to ghosts.
2. On my nightstand: a lamp, a clock radio, a small white stuffed bear with a red heart on its chest, and a perfume spray bottle in the shape of a black cat (tall, sitting -- it's a very old Avon bottle).
3. Who is (are) your favorite author(s)? Too numerous to count, for me, too! Always favorites -- Lois McMaster Bujold, Martha Wells, JRR Tolkein, David Weber
4. Last book that made you cry? Was also the only book I can remember making me cry -- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
5. Last movie that stayed with you longer than the credits? hmmm...I'd have to say Inkheart. Not so much for the movie itself, but for how many ideas it spawned.
6. What are you doing tonight? Not much. A little TV, a little writing. I live a quiet life, LOL.
Post a Comment