Current Project:Improper Pinkerton
Status: about half way
G(2)+ M(2)(C(5))= HEA
This is my version of an equation to build a romance story. You can multiply the C by more and get a longer story or shorten it for a shorter story. Your mission today is to jointly write a romance using this equation. The characters are Bud and Lizzy.
I'll start:
G(2)= Bud is a contractor vying for a job building a firecracker manufacturer. Lizzy has a goat farm. She makes cheese and has some fainting goats. She plans to win top honors at a prestigious cheese show.
Okay, next person what dos M(2) equal?
Have fun!
11 comments:
This hurts my brain. I have no idea what anything means and therefore cannot play. I'll wait to see what others come up with.
I'm confused, too, but I'll take a stab and assume that since G stood for goals, M (2) is going to stand for motivations x two characters.
So, Bud is vying to be a contractor because he's recently been released from prison and is trying to tun his life around to prove to his father he is not a worthless jerk.
Lizzie's disabled sister is totally dependent on Lizzie. The sister needs additional medical procedures to survive, but they are expensive. If Lizzie's fainting goats (question: Fainting goats as in a breed or fainting goats as in a condition?) cheese wins, it will mean additional income. Lizzie will be able to finance her sister's procedures.
That's it!
Hope I didn't do it wrong.
Eli, sorry this hurts your brain. I always hated math, but then this came to me yesterday when I was painting, I thought it would be fun.
Alice! Perfect, you got it! To help others along, now we need 5 conflicts. You only have to come up with one conflict per person.
And Alice, a fainting goat is actually a breed. loud noises puts them in a faint. It is actually quite comical. I'm not sure if they are the milking kind- I didn't do my homework there. But thought it was funny.
Thanks for playing!
G=goal, M=motivation, C=conflict, right?
And the 2 means two characters, as in the hero and heroine?
Bud's goal is work related. Lizzy's goal is to win a cheese show.
Motivation... Hm, well, I can't see how these two characters are associated with each other so the HEA is going to be tough. Bud is motivated by his need to be gainfully employed, and Liz has been making cheese all her life so finally winning a prize will make her happy?
Sorry. I'm sure someone else will be able to figure this out.
I got the GMC, but had no idea what the numbers meant (the 5 threw me off). And I obviously hadn't had enough coffee this morning before turning on the computer. Glad to see y'all are smarter than me!
Okay, here's the reason I won't do this equation...
First, I don't do math. Ever. Not for any reason. I would rather flirt and tease some smart guy and have him do it for me. *big grin*
Second, I don't want to be anywhere near goats. Especially fainting ones. Goats poop and butt at people, and their cheese tastes disgusting, so that part of the equation I won't touch either. *shudder*
Third, firecrackers are illegal where I live, so there again, I mustn't have anything to do with them or anyone involved with them because I would never want to break the laws of the land. I mean, I don't even go over the speed limit, despite what some people in the chapter may think just because they were riding in the mini with me when we got pulled over for no dang reason. If I'd have done something wrong, surely I'd have received a ticket. Right? *batting eye lashes*
In conclusion, I won't be participating in your equation because none of it equals anything beneficial for me, and really, it's all about me, daahhling. *snort, giggle*
Now the truth, I'm just too stupid to come up with anything for your romance equation, Paty. Sorry. :) But it's fun seeing all the smart people do it and get it right.
Man, I thought this would be a fun way to explore GMC- I guess you can't give math values to writers.
Sorry I took you outside your boxes and comfort zones.
Alice, I'm so glad you understood and played.
Next time I'll stick to a what if.
ROFLMAO... Hey, let's face it, Alice is just waaay "more smarter" den da rest uv us.
And yeah Paty, what's up with making us try to go out of our zones?!!! Yer in big trouble!!! **Piper scrunches back down and pulls the top of her box back over her head**
Paty-- I think you just hit blah Monday.
I wish you'd told us how you came up with the number 5 for the conflicts....
Alice, Ijust picked the number five out of a hat thinking you needed at least that many conflicts to make the story last long enough for a novel. You could go more or less and it would give more people a chance to play. ahem. Which they didn't.
Oh well, if only I'd written more words yesterday....
Just catching up with the blog...
I'm with Eli--this makes my head hurt. However, since Alice so bravely solved part of the equation, I can probably come up with some conflict--though maybe not five conflicts.
Well, since fainting goats faint at loud noises, one conflict is that Lizzy is NOT going to want a firecracker manufacturer anywhere within hearing distance of her goats. Because if they keep fainting, their milk will probably also dry up because they are so stressed and so she won't have goat milk to make her cheese and win top honors.
If she doesn't win top honors, she won't be able to sell her cheese and make the payments on the goat farm, so will be in danger of losing the farm.
Bud, being the hero that he is, cannot bear the thought of Lizzy losing her farm, let alone stressing her animals. Did I mention he loves animals? Probably because the goats remind him of his great aunt Grizelda who seemed stern and cranky with all his cousins when he was a boy, but Bud was her favorite...
Oops, got a little sidetracked!
However, if Bud doesn't build the firecracker factory, he will be in violation of his contract. In addition to his reputation being tarnished, the firecracker manufacturer will sue him and force him into bankruptcy so that he loses his company and won't be able to pay his employees, who will then not be able to feed their families...
Gee, I think I should spend all this brain power working on my story. :)
Post a Comment