
Current Project: Open Sky Proposal
Status: Ready to Go
YES! My proposal is ready to email to my editor. At seventy-nine pages it's a bit top heavy, but there you go, it is what it is. I decided to add in a rambunctious yellow lab in the wild hopes I can write off my money pit of a pet on our taxes -- I'll let you know how that goes -- but to say I feel a sense of accomplishment is an understatement. No matter what the result, as I said before, the experience of having created these three books (at least partially) has been well worth the effort and I am also pleased that they are different enough from each other that I won't feel as though I'm writing the same book three times.
Hopefully our retreat members (who did not get washed away by a tsunami yesterday, but my gosh, poor Chile) will think to check in and let us know how it went. Hopefully the rest of you will, too.
Have a great Sunday!
8 comments:
Congrats, Alice!! Woot Woot on getting the proposal finished! After our little bit of excitement yesterday everything calmed down and everyone worked their tails off.
I had a great walk on the beach about dusk and this old granny garnered some cat calls from some guys. I'm sure it had to do with the fact I had on jogging pants and a hooded sweatshirt so they couldn't see my gray hair and wrinkled face!
Anyway, a very successful retreat for me in terms of writing. I didn't finish the book but I am only two scenes away from finishing. And if my retreaters keep sleeping I may even have it down to one scene from finishing by the time they all wake up!
Woo-hoo! Congratulations on finishing your proposal. That's awesome!
Paty, congratulations on your great writing progress and on the catcalls. :)
I'm still doing research on my novella for next year's St. Patrick's anthology. Currently reading about Irish history, which is very interesting. Had some major insights into the character and motivations of my main characters this past week that will, of course, make my story stronger. Should be able to finish detailed scene sheets this week and get to the actual writing. Hooray!
Paty -- Congratulations on a great retreat and a whole bunch accomplished...
Woo Hoo on the nod (and a whistle) from admirers. Always nice, no matter when it comes.
Genene -- it sounds so fun researching Ireland. I hope you're enjoying it. Can't wait to see what you'll come up with.
Alice! That's awesome!! I'm so happy you got it finished. I'm glad the story worked out, I hope to hear more about it :D
Way to go Alice!!!
Paty, you could be done by Monday night!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go you!
Go Genene! You rock too!
Lisa, you rocked the word count. I still can't believe your single day word count was that high. That story is going to be golden.
I wrote ZERO words this weekend and missed you all terribly and tried not to cry too much. Seriously, just so disappointed. But, I got tons of naps, lots of rest b/c all of my prep for Daddy and Tavy to have an easy weekend paid off. This was one of the worst colds I have had, and I'm glad I didn't try to push it and come Thursday. Tavy is doing lots better too--I so appreciate everyone's good thoughts and wishes, especially Wednesday when I was trying to decide what to do. Watching her fever at 104 was so scary.
Lisa -- Good to have you back and congrats on everything you got done. Nine thousand words? Good grief!!!
And Wavy, so sorry you had to miss the weekend I know you were so looking forward to. Glad the cold is better and 104 degrees scares any Mom.
Yay, Alice! So glad you got the proposal done and gone.
I wish I could say I was more productive, but I've been working out some plotting issues. Finally figured those out (wahoo!)so hoping to make some good progress this week. I was slacking a bit in Feb, but now it's time to get down to business. 3 mo. to get this book done.
Post a Comment