
Current Project: Open Sky Books
Status: coming right along
I've had a busy week. I can't remember what I said I wanted to have done by today but this is what I can claim. Partial synopsis for book one, two full chapters. Proposal synopsis complete for books two and three. By this time next week, I'd like to have the whole thing ready to go so that I can take all that knowledge with me to the Michael Hague Portland Winter Intensive weekend and use the things I see and hear there to pick up flaws and fill gaps, etc. Then it's off to NY and we'll see.
Debbie -- You are a free woman! I can hear the relieved (Oh, dear, I hope it's the sound of relief) sigh all the way down here.
Lisa also completed my web site this week. I'm looking forward to having the time to tweak the blog page. The add a gadget feature is mighty compelling!
What has your week been like and what do you hope to accomplish the coming week?
8 comments:
Alice, Congrats on the proposal coming along. The Michael Hague workshops sounds like a great place to be. Only I'll be on the other side of the state at a birthday party for my 6 year-old granddaughter.
I punched out 7100 words this week, passed the halfway point on the ms and hoping to have the first draft done after our beach retreat. This week brought on new paranormal elements to the hero and added a whole new nuance to the story. I'm excited.
Paty -- It's easy to "hear" your excitement and enthusiasm about your new book. That's really neat. Good luck meeting your goals, and happy 6 to your grand daughter.
Alice, hooray for a productive week! All that "brewing" time paid off for your books! And having a beautifully updated Web site is wonderful!
The Michael Hauge/Bob Mayer workshop sounds fantastic! I hope those of you who are going will share highlights when you get back.
Paty, sounds like you are going great guns also. Wow! Isn't it great when a new element adds excitement to a story? Woo-hoo!
I already shared that I did a bunch of scene sheets last Sunday that "finished" a rough outline for the last book of my nine-book series. Well, I wasn't completely satisfied with that. The romance needed deepening, so I developed more scene sheets to round that out and am pleased with the result.
Just need to do the detailed timeline for this series before I take a break to write a novella for a St. Patrick's Day 2011 anthology. I wrote three pages of notes on that novella earlier this week that gave me a rough outline, and will dive into that after doing some research on wars.
In spite of how that sounds, this will be another comedy. The further adventures of the characters in my Valentine's Day story, CHASING RAINBOWS, and a dog that acts suspiciously like my mixed breed Terrier. Oh yeah, and a time machine.
This past week I also spent a lot of time preparing for the launch party of A VALENTINE'S ANTHOLOGY. The big event is tomorrow, Feb. 14, at Willamette Humane Society, and I actually finished preparations Thursday. Feels soooo good not to have last-minute craziness--got the craziness out of the way earlier in the week. LOL!
Hope you all have another productive writing week and, Paty, enjoy your granddaughter's birthday party next weekend!
Genene -- I know you are in the middle of a busy, active day today with your launch at the animal shelter. I would love to come and if hip and leg permit, will do so. meanwhile, how neat that you are writing humor. I love to write humor and miss doing so...
Have a wonderful day!
Happy release day to Genene!!!
Sometimes I wonder where the weeks go. Let's see...I did nothing at the beginning of the week after learning I'd sold three more books in my Eternal Guardians Series. Stressed quite a bit because I now have five books contracted for a series that hasn't even released book 1 yet, tried to think about books 3,4, and 5 and what the heck they'll be about (I know book 3...4 and 5 are...foggy). Started my revisions on book 2 - ENTWINED - and am hoping to finish those tomorrow. Other than that I've been doing crazy house stuff and promo for the release of MARKED in, oh, let's see...72 days (not that I'm counting or anything.)
The DH got me flowers and a netbook for V-day so I'm sure sometime in the next few days I'll be playing with that as well. I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day!!
Hi, Alice! Thank you for your wishes for the launch party!
I had a wonderful time. One of the staff at the shelter brought her very talented dog, who drew names for our door prizes all afternoon. She was awesome, but very tired at the end. She was snoozing on a bed in one of the offices when I checked on her before I left.
I'm doubly sorry that you didn't make it to the party. First of all because I missed seeing you, and secondly because it means your knee and hip are causing you pain. Healing energy to you!
Comedy is a good change of pace for me, and I'm pleased Chris, Chris and I are doing another anthology next year, and I can write another humorous novella. That's next on my writing "to do" list after I finish the timeline on my series.
Take care of yourself!
Hi, Eli! Thanks for the kind wishes for release day!
I thoroughly enjoyed the party, but am ready to snuggle down with my doggies and do some serious re-energizing. Glad I'm on the other side of release day and not doing the count down as you are. At least I didn't have back-to-back-to-back deadlines as you do when I was doing the most intense promotion.
You are going to have a very busy year! And trying to sell your house and move in the middle of all that's going on with your writing is going to be a challenge.
Maybe you can give your new Netbook a workout at the beach retreat!
Eli -- You have your hands full! I know you'll come up with ever increasingly brilliant ideas for books 4-5.
Nice going on the dh's part.
And Genene, sorry I didn't make it, glad to hear you had a wonderful event.
Post a Comment