Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday check-in

I can't believe it's already this late in September. Personally, I'm definitely starting to feel the pressure. Wanting to finish my WIP, classes starting in a week, work gearing up now that school is almost in session. But it's also my favorite time of year. I enjoy being busy and I love the fall weather. Leaves changing color and falling, a crisp bite to the air. It's usually when I get most of my inspiration. So I better make it count!

Not to mention that I don't want to be the one to break the chapter-president-gets-first-sale-while-prez tradition. Yikes! I better get crack-a-lackin. I'm still enjoying Story Magic, working on my next post now. But they gave me so much to think about that I'm still wading through it all. I'm trying to rework my hero and his motivations. His and my heroine's were too similar for one of them to ignite change in the other.

How are you doing on your goals? It's almost the end of September, let's do one big push for the next 10 days! Rah rah! Off to a duck game....wooooot!

10 comments:

Kendra said...

GO DUCKS! My husband just left for the game, and I'll be wearing my duck jacket all day no matter how warm it gets. Have I mentioned my truck is the same awesome color as those metallic deep green helmets?

Ahem. Goals. I'm doing okay. I think by the end of the month, I'll finish the polishing I'm doing on my current WIP, but I'm not sure I'll hit my goal of the halfway mark on the second.

Alice Sharpe said...

This has been a lazy week for me. I did hear back from my editor. She's normally very reserved, but she kind of gushed, so I was very flattered. I'm anxious to see the copy edit pages -- judging from how quickly the editor tackled this project, I imagine they'll be showing up soon.

As for the next book's plot? There's a wind blowing through my head and unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be carrying even the whisper of a plot. I assume it will come... at least I hope so!

Good for you, Lisa, in adapting your workshop to your book! And Kendra, it sounds like you're doing fantastic (sometimes goals have to be modified!)

Go Ducks!

Karen Duvall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alice Sharpe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elisabeth Naughton said...

Stop saying September's almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez...are you trying to give me a panic attack???

Let's see. This week I wrote 11K words (so far), wasted time redesigning my myspace page (thanks Lisa), and only succeeded when Debbie came to my rescue. Thank you, Debbie!!!!!!

I also think I maybe figured out my plot. That's a nice feeling. Guess we'll see in the next few days if it works...

Kendra said...

Alice, your editor gushed? That's fantastic. I can't wait to read this book. The quads have hooked me since you first mentioned it, even though my blood pressure spikes at the thought of quads in real life.

I think I've asked this before. Anyone watch Jon and Kate plus eight? Toddler sextuplets plus 5 YO twins. I have to leave the room when my kids watch it.

Alice Sharpe said...

Yikes, guys, I said "kind of gushed." That's different than "she gushed." Thanks, everyone,

Meanwhile, Kendra, you said, "I can't wait to read this book. The quads have hooked me since you first mentioned it, even though my blood pressure spikes at the thought of quads in real life."

LOL, me, too, but I do believe this is about the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me for a whole myriad of reasons. Thank you, I hope you won't be disappointed!

Matayla Lewis said...

Alice, I can't wait to read the Quads book too :) :) :) (But, I'm also still really hoping that you manage to sell your original pitch to the ST market. . . .I want to read that one too!)

Contest judging. OMG What was I thinking? My whole week has been doing the wrap-up of the GR entries that I signed up to judge, and getting my syllabus written for the term. On the plus side, however, I now see how people with babies get things done/written--they don't ask for time, they just flat out take it. So this week has been good because I've had a lot of Aha! while judging and another Aha! about life/work balance . . .

Great job Eli, Kendra, and Karen with your progress

Matayla Lewis said...

Heck. That was me. Accidentally posting as my brother. Aaaack.

Bethany---wavybrains

Paty Jager said...

I'm back from the boonies!!!
Congrats on tall the accomplishments!

I reread my contemp, got bnack in it and over the weekend reworked some spots and added a chapter. Now I have to go rent a National Finals video so I can get the feel of that event for the end of the book.

And- now I'm not sure where the darn book fits! Alice, I'll be sending you an e-mail in the near future.