Thursday, September 18, 2008

Drum Roll Please....

And the 2008 blog awards go to...

Hey, if new car models can come out about now, and our chapter's election month is October, then we can dang well have our first annual blog awards in September, don't you agree?

So, as I was saying, before I so rudely interrupted myself, the awards go to...

Everyone!

For Alice -- The first and most faithful blog reader award. And most published books under tightest deadlines award.

Bethany -- Most books read per month, year, and decade award. Read on!

Paty -- Most marketing, most involvement in chat rooms, loops, and giving workshops and presentations award. Also the most-company-in-one-month award.

Eli -- New book contract award.

Kendra -- Most writing with kids underfoot award (shared with Eli).

Genene -- Most writing, marketing, design work, Danita's website updates, and remodel work on house completed with most dogs underfoot award.

Karen -- New great agent award.

Lori -- The best cookies and truffles award.

Barbara Cooley -- The-stepping-up-to-the-plate award.

Flo -- New editor award (shared with Eli).

Barbara Ray -- The stone award.

Piper -- Most fresh-voiced popper-inner award.

Jen -- Ebook publishing award.

Debbie -- Most active newcomer award. (You may have to guard this award carefully, Debbie. I think Thea may be in the running for this in 2009).

Danita -- Most absences in one year award.

Interaction time: Do you agree with these awards? Can you think of any you'd like to add or change? Have fun with it. I did.

6 comments:

Karen Duvall said...

Wait! You forgot Lisa! She should get the coolest trip abroad award for her awesome trip to Italy and posting all those fabulous pictures!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Lisa also gets the...

"Saving Eli's Sanity Award" (Which she shares with Alice),

the "Queen Of All Things Contest-Related Award",

the "VIVP - Very Important Vice President Award" (For which Eli is EXTREMELY thankful),

and my personal fav, the...

"I've Snowed Everyone Into Thinking I Am Sweet and Innocent...and Now Look Out, I'm Going to be President! Award" :) (That one needs a good Bwahahahahahah added on to the end just for effect.)

Alice Sharpe said...

Danita -- These are so cute! I can't think of any way to improve them except to add Lisa which Karen and Eli did so well. Fun blog!

Barbara said...

Great job, Danita! I'd add "Best book reviewer" award to Bethany's and second Eli's awards for Lisa. I'm pleased to accept the stone award for myself. I think we need to add a Sword-and-funny-hat award and bravest male writer award for Jim. We also need to add a Fabulous Photographer award for you, Danita!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Danita, how fun!

Thanks for the chuckle--which I really needed while I'm on hold with Qwest (again!) to resolve the mystery of my disappearing e-mail.

Paty Jager said...

Ready to go jump in a crater and never com up award is better for me! ACK! I'm about to tear my hair out and the company is gone!

I agree with all of them and the one's others bestowed on Lisa! Great idea Danita!