Saturday, September 13, 2008

SATURDAY CHECK IN

Hey there, everyone. Looks as though Lisa forgot to blog or something happened that prevented it, so I am pinch hitting. I just looked at the 2nd quarter Duck/Perdue score, so she may be moping about for awhile...

I finished!!!!!! I sent it to New York!!!!!!! It's gone!!!!!! I made my deadline despite dh surgery, Mom's (and my) visits to the emergency room, birthdays, a sore knee and summer and I am pretty damn proud of myself. Plus I rediscovered the absolute joy of writing a book from beginning to end without stopping for approval. The next deadline is Nov. 30th for a proposal and then March 15th for the book but I am going to attempt to write it straight through.

How are you doing with your goals?

7 comments:

Kendra said...

Good for you, Alice!

The ducks are tied right now and going into overtime so there may be hope!

Paty Jager said...

Woot! Woot! Alice Congrats!!

ZILCH! for me this past week! But I've decided to finish the first draft of the contemporary because I only have about three perhaps four more chapters to finish it. Then it can ferment while I work on the historical. I spent today moving cattle and raking hay. Second cutting you know. but Monday, no matter how disgusting my house is, I'm going to write!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Alice! What excellent news! You deserve to feel "pretty damn proud" of yourself. :)

I hope things are going a lot better for your dh and all the other things that gave you trial this summer.

It's so cool that you were able to have fun with this book and just go for it. You're a busy little bee! I'm rooting for you for the next projects!

Okay--I'm checking in with good news, too. I got two pages from my hero's POV and it's now coming a lot easier than I thought it was going to. I was blank for a few weeks, still stuck in my heroine's POV, so I got out a tablet and wrote his POV longhand and it's been great!

I wrote it all out, and then put it into the computer and got two whole pages. Needless to say I'm very pumped about it. Yeehaw!

Paty-- Don't worry, house cleaning will always be there and no one will notice if you don't do it on Monday. Go for what makes you feel whole and good! Like Alice said, 'having written is the sweetest feeling of all'.

I've been reading that little quote several times a day now and it's been keeping me focused. Thanks again Alice!

Lisa Pulliam said...

CONGRATS!!!! YAY ALICE!!!! That's so awesome! :)

I haven't written anything, but I got my first response on my ideas-thus-far from the instructors of Story Magic. Holy cow it was helpful! So between making necklaces over the weekend, I jotted down ideas that came to me. Tonight I'm going to start writing them out.

Thanks for covering me, Alice!!!! :) I put in weekly calendar notices on my phone to remind me, but when my phone is dead and I forgot the charger before going to my parent's house...Doh! I love my fancy new phone, but the battery won't last 24 hours. You'd think if they make a phone with lots of features, they'd make a powerful enough battery to go with it...Grrr. Sorry, amped up. Just got off the phone with Verizon arguing about it.

By the way, Ducks beat Purdue in a second overtime. The. Game. Was. Incredible.

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Alice, CONGRATULATIONS on finishing your manuscript Your Way! Sounds like your next deadline is (hopefully) a bit more reasonable. :))

chanceofbooks said...

Alice, I am jumping up and down excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice Sharpe said...

Everyone, thank you so much for the congrats. I have to admit to feeling a little empty nest syndrome. Oh, well, there'll be a new "loaf in the oven" before long.

Paty, Becky is right, housework NEVER goes away. It annoys the heck out of me to have to do something I just did a month ago all over again. Dust. Ack!

Piper, good to have you aboard and wow! that's great that you got two pages in the hero's POV. I love writing from a man's POV. It's a woman's chance to have a man she loves say all the right things. I am absurdly pleased my little quote is helping you.

Lisa, Wonderful your Story Magic instructors gave you feedback you can employ. That's so exciting. I bet this class is going to change everything about the way you see your work. It sounds as though you're in the perfect spot in your life to take advantage of this information. And, btw, we watched the Duck game -- very exciting!

Genene, thanks so much, both for the congrats and the warm wishes about sane deadlines!

Wavy, good heaven's, I hope you still aren't jumping!!!! Thank you!