Wednesday, December 30, 2009

MADAME FATE


TIme is ticking away, my friends. The sand in the hour glass grows sparse. Soon it will be New Years and 2009 will gasp its last breath as 2010 fills its lungs for the first time.

What does this mean to Madame Fate? It means it's time for a little crystal ball gazing. Don't try to resist, the rules are few and simple.

A. Find a question from those posted below: In 2010, will I ...

1. Experience an amazing night of passion?
2. Write with sheer abandon and unbridled joy?
3. Hit the bestseller list?
4. Turn a corner and run into my one true love?
5. Win accolades and awards?
6. Cast off the shadows of yesterday and run amok?
7. Have literary agents calling night and day?
8. Be the center of a seven digit bidding war?


B. Pick a number between one and eight. Edit: Between one and NINE (choose nine for a good vibe) That number represents the answer to your question. No fair peeking. No fair discarding it if it isn't what you want to hear! And -- no peeking!


C. Gaze into the crystal ball. Concentrate on your question. Do you hear a faint humming noise? Good. That's the sound of fate spinning your destiny. Loose yourself in the sapphire depths of the crystal ball while the stars align.





D. Repeat your chosen question, remind yourself of the number that will represent destiny's response, scroll down and gasp with amazement as 2010 unrolls in front of your eyes...



1. Patience, Grasshopper. You must wait your turn...
2. No, but you will inherit 43 Pekinese dogs...
3. Anything is possible if you send Madame Fate one thousand dollars...
4. Absolutely (although there will be a little jail time involved...)
5. On the first day of the seventh month after a nice bagel with cream cheese...
6. Yes, if your Sherpa guide is willing...
7. Possibly, but watch where you step, it's knee deep in places...
8. The crystal ball is cloudy. Yes, no, flip a coin. Heads=yes. Tails=no.
9. Yes. You will get your hearts desire. You will live long, be happy, and prosper. You will be a best seller and never lose your girlish good looks. Everyone in the world should be as lucky as you are!

Madame Fate would love knowing how the crystal ball treated you. To avoid alerting potential victims, er, customers, please don't reveal numbers in your responses. Now go forth and make magic!

11 comments:

chanceofbooks said...

That was really fun, Alice!

I chose question #2 (write with sheet abandon and unbridled joy), and I wasn't too pleased with Madame fate's ambigious answer . . . .


:):):):):):):)

Thanks for the laugh!

Paty Jager said...

LOL Alice,

#5 and I'm eating lunch while I'm reading this so the answer wasn't all that filling. ;)

Awesome Sauce said...

Wow, those results sure were encouraging. The positive, clear answer just filled me with hope. Better than a fortune cookie.

Okay, I'm just being sarcastic again. Sorry. I tend to do that a lot. Everyday. ROFL

Alice Sharpe said...

Well, gee, everyone, I'm sorry. I didn't realize how negative these all are! Madame Fate hangs her head in shame (she may even go edit...)

Sorry.

Paty Jager said...

Alice, they are funny. You don't have to change a thing.

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

LOL, Alice! Just let Madame Fate know a check is in the mail for her wondrous and encouraging words. :)

Alice Sharpe said...

Paty -- thank you. That was my goal. I appreciate it.

Alice Sharpe said...

Genene -- I want to know your question!!!! Ahem, Madame Fate wants to know....

Elisabeth Naughton said...

I LOVE Madame Fate's answer!

Yep, that worked for me!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

My apologies, Madame! I was confusing you with Madame Sees-All, Knows-All and you would know these things in advance. :)

Since I have quit avoiding the life lesson connected with the weight I gained last year and it's coming off, I decided I needed to find some sexy guy too. So I chose question d. Now, tell me, Madame, how long will that jail time be? LOL!

Alice Sharpe said...

Eli -- you must have asked about fame and glory and got answer number nine!

And Genene, under a year. Way under. Eight months, tops.