Current Project: Derby book
Status: Coming along
I'll be honest. At first I couldn't think of a single topic for this blog post. I'm taking this week off from work and my focus is on cleaning my apartment, getting rid of stuff - and basically finally getting each room in working order. It's pathetic that hasn't been done yet and I'm approaching a year of living here.
So as I made a list of cleaning supplies to buy, my thoughts were thinking about the chapter. And it dawned on me like a lightening bolt, my last day as President of this fabulous group is Thursday! If I were on AIM instant messenger, I'd insert the emoticon of the face shaking from side to side in surprise. Wow I can't believe how fast this year has gone by!
What started as having no idea what to blog about became the biggest "duh" ever. Since this is my last blog post as El Presidente, I just want to take a moment to thank everyone for making this such a wonderful year. I'd like to particularly thank our officers, who have worked their tushies off to make things run smoothly. From planning online workshop presenters to managing the registration for those to putting out amazing hot sheets to providing advice from being on the Executive Board for years. These ladies have been a tremendous asset to this group. Thank you Elisabeth, Barbara, Debbie and Becky. You are wonderful!
And thank you to each and every member who have made this chapter special, indispensable, and a heck of a lot of fun! This group of amazing writers is what makes volunteering a worthwhile and exciting venture. I'm sure that all of the officers would agree with that :)
This is a short and sweet blog post, but it needed to be posted! Thank you to our members, our bloggers, our blog commenters, our lurkers and our officers for making this chapter great :)
5 comments:
Thank you for a great year! You did an awesome job! I particularly enjoyed the professor from your school that you had come and speak. I love how you bring so many different talents to our chapter--PR, design, anthropology, brainstorming, deputy of fun . . . .
You are AWESOME. And 2010? It's going to be YOUR year of a finished MS. You have to keep the (past) President = sold streak alive :)
You and all the officers did a great job this past year with all your innovations and energy.
I'm looking forward to the new year to learn more and cheer for more good news for everyone.
Lisa, you did a great job as did everyone else on the board and slackers like me appreciate everything you do. So thanks, Lisa and Debbie and Eli and Barbara and Becky. You guys are fabulous.
Slacker here. I appreciate Lisa's enthusiasm, and the rest of the board's hard work, too. So much goes on behind the scenes that we don't see.
Wavy, awww thank you so much! I loved Misty's talk too, she's wonderful. Gosh, I hope you're right about 2010 :D And you're going to start a new trend in 2010 of VP's selling. I KNOW IT!
Paty, thanks! I'm looking forward to the new year too. After our officer's retreat a few weeks ago, I was so pumped up about what these women have planned. They are an amazing group.
Alice, thanks!!
Kendra, thank you! I agree - when I joined the board, I had no idea all the stuff that went on. These officers kick butt :D
Post a Comment