Sunday, May 31, 2009

Saturday (Sunday) CHECK-IN / CHALLENGE


Current Project: A Baby Between Them (new title)
Status: page 125

For me, it's been a slow week, page wise, as I took a couple of days to prepare for my talk on writing a synopsis and yesterday we had an open house so we had to leave the premises. That means I wrote less than thirty pages in my four day week which isn't great. It also means I have a lot of ground to cover this week but I'm looking forward to it.

I received a letter from a very nice woman in PA who had enjoyed a couple of my books and passed them along to her friends. Once again, I'm touched by the thoughtfulness of a reader who takes the time to express their enthusiasm to an author. I think of all the writers who have thrilled and amused and touched me over the years and I've never sent any of them a thank you. It's humbling, but maybe romance readers, who have to be as big a sucker for a happy ending as we romance writers are, are just nicer people!

Head's up on the movie New in Town. It's a romantic comedy, a genre I grew tired of some while ago, but this one was really cute -- even the dh chuckled his way through it.

I hope you all are satisfied with what you got done and are enthusiastic for what you still have to do.

4 comments:

Paty Jager said...

On my way back from a wedding in Santa Rosa. The wedding was fun. It's always good to see a couple embarking on their adventure.

I'm up to page 263 made progress this week and need to make more this coming week. I'd planned to get more done on this trip but after affects from my cold have made it hard to work int he car without getting nauseous.

Kudos on thirty pages, Alice. That's better than none! I hope htis next week proves more rewarding int he writing department and I do appreciate your trip to speak to the COWG.

Karen Duvall said...

Hey, to me getting 30 pages written is fabulous progress! I know you have tight deadlines, but i still think that's a good page count.

I'm still working on the characters and plot points for my new project. It's different in that this story will be more about the journey than the destination, which is a challenge for me. I'm not a hundred percent sure I can pull it off, but I'm going to try.

This weekend I'm judging contest entries for the Colorado Gold (Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers contest). Alice, you enjoy some of the entries I got because there are a few mysteries in the mix.

Okay, back to work...

Alice Sharpe said...

Didn't Eli start this challenge? Yoo hoo, where are you?


Meanwhile, Paty, I loved talking to COWG. Everyone was so nice and supportive, I felt totally at home and if it cost me a few pages, so what? Glad to hear you enjoyed the wedding

Alice Sharpe said...

Karen, how exciting to be starting something outside your comfort zone. I love the way you said it's about the journey instead of the destination. I think that's the general goal in every book but the more plot driven they are, the more obscure the journey. You've given me a lot to think about.

It was so fun seeing you and Paty,,,