Saturday, May 09, 2009

SATURDAY CHECK-IN / CHALLENGE


Current Project:HIS BABY
Status: still waiting

I have absolutely nothing to report. Other than polishing up the end of chapter three, I haven't written in two weeks which is okay as this is either the lull before the next storm or the lull before coming up with different proposals (should the current material be passed over). Instead, I've been happily planting flower boxes and trying to keep the house clean and picked up for the hoards (not) of would be buyers who cross our threshold (never.)

Eli issued a challenge last week and I would happily turn it over to her now but she's off to the coast with her family, so maybe next weekend she can expand on it. Meanwhile, good luck to Genene, Chris and Chris at their Blue Pepper signing today between 1:00-4:00 p.m. I believe I read somewhere Rosemary was joining them. I'll be there if I can make it!

You know the drill, now it's your turn...

9 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Alice, this seems to be your system. You'll be writing a storm soon when you know which direction you can head.

I fell way short of my professed 44,000 words. I didn't have near the time I thought I would in the boonies. There seemed to be more to do than I was led to believe.... My count for the week is 7,951 words. The story is going well, the coming scenes all played out in my head while driving back and forth so if I can squeeze writing time in while my daughter and her three are here for the next two weeks, I hope to make more progress. I told my editor this story would be on her desk by June- It may be a week of two into June at the rate things are going. And the writer I'm corroborating with on a story has her half nearly done and I have barely begun to think about my portion! YIPES! But I finally shoved everyone but Clay and Rachel out of my head and I am fully concentrating on them.

Eli's challenge is coming at a good time- I need this book done and the other project done.

Good luck at the signing Rogue's Angels! I'm off to facilitate a critique workshop.

Barbara said...

There was a thin but steady trickle of people in to the Grand Opening of the Rogue Phoenix Press at Blue Pepper this afternoon. Jim and I made it there to congratulate Chris and buy "Stars in Your Eyes", the final book of Genene's trilogy. The carrot cake was delicious. Wish you all could have made it.

Enjoy your planting in this beautiful weather, Alice. You'll be madly typing all too soon.

Good luck on getting your story down on paper, Paty, now that it is playing out in your head. What a time to have interruptions, even if it is a dearly-loved daughter and grandchildren.

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hey, Alice! Hope you are enjoying your planting. I spent about a half hour out in my back yard this morning and decided it's a fantastic way to start the morning!

Paty, I hope the critique workshop went well! You're still producing a lot of words, even if short of climbing the Mt. Everest goal you set.

Barbara, so glad you and Jim stopped by the Rogue Phoenix grand opening/booksigning yesterday! I saw friends I haven't seen in a while and actually had the time to talk to people. What a wonderful afternoon!

I went to bed really early last night and finally got caught up on the sleep I had been cutting short for a week. Woke up feeling fantastic this morning and plan to stay in this perfect state of mind. :)

Hope all who were traveling this weekend return home safe and relaxed--and all who stayed close to home had a wonderful weekend!

Alice Sharpe said...

Sorry to be so long getting back to everyone. The dh had a surprise trip to the coast planned for the weekend and we just got home.

Paty -- You're right, this is my pattern. Good luck writing with company; sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, but if anyone can do it, I'd bet my money on you.

Barbara -- I'm so glad you made it to the Rogue Phoenix book signing! How is your own project coming?

Genene, I was very sorry to miss your book signing (see surprise trip to coast mentioned earlier...) but I am lucky enough to have an autographed copy of Feathers on the Floor and started it Friday. (I feel so bad for Julia -- her dh is not a dh, he's a beast!)

How wonderful you had time to catch up with old friends. I agree, spending moments outdoors with the posies is an excellent way to begin any day in a good frame of mind.

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hey, Alice! A trip to the coast is a wonderful surprise! Good for your DH.

And keep reading Julia's story--all turns out well and she ends up with the good guy. Otherwise, how could it be a romance? :)

chanceofbooks said...

I thought about not posting, but I decided that I didn't want to start that habit. There was no writing this week. None. And I'm really mad and upset about that. But that's the lovely thing about Mondays--there's a fresh week ahead of me. Time to suit up, plunk my writer hat back on, and pony up with this week's goal.

Goal: At least 1 contest entry. If I get 2 by next Sunday, I get a truffle, and if I get 3 knocked out lickety split, I'll treat myself to an early night with a bath, painted toenails, and a book I've been reserving for a reward.

chanceofbooks said...

I'm sorry to miss the signing Genene--we had family stuff most of the weekend and the weekend just totally got away from us.

And, yay, Alice for getting a little trip! We are talking about taking an overnight trip for the holiday weekend. We need a change of scenery!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Ah, Wavy! No beating up of self allowed in my little corner of the world. You just gotta roll with the punches. (Bad pun intended!) Stuff happens--good stuff and not-so-good. Family time is very important.

And I love your reward system! I'm looking forward to getting our downstairs bathroom functional again SOON so I can try out the new whirlpool tub! I plan to take my four boxes of to-be-read books in there with me, lock the door, and not come out for a month! (OK, perhaps I exaggerate just a bit. Maybe just one book and a few hours of soaking. LOL!)

Alice Sharpe said...

Wavy-- Mondays are indeed wonderful! I hope this week unfolds the way you want it to.