
Current Project:sequel proposal
Status: sent
After a week of fighting shoulder and neck pain and a mind as empty and windswept as Antarctica on a sub zero night, things finally clicked on Thursday and I was able to complete the proposal I started last weekend. The "finished" product is much different than it started out, but you all know how that goes.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of you are doing.
I'll leave you with a quote: "There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein."
~ Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith ~
6 comments:
Great quote Alice! I'm glad you're feeling better and the ideas are flowing!
I'm at page 209 or 44,000 words on my WIP. Not as much done as I'd hoped since I was brought home early from Princeton. And once home with decent internet caught up on all the internet things I needed to get done. But as soon as I click on the publish comment, I'm headed back to Princeton until Friday. So- I'm hoping for a finished or near finished MS when I come back. Anyone think I can write 150-200 pgs or 44,000 more words in a week? That's the goal. I need this book finished when I come back because I'll have company two days after I get back and they'll be here for two weeks, keeping me occupied with Tupperware parties, going to the zoo, birthday parties, and visiting.
So if you don't see me on the blog this week, it's because 1) I'm writing up a storm or 2) I don't have internet!
I'll send productive vibes to all of you.
Way to go on finishing the proposal, Alice. See what happens when I'm not around to IM you?
My week was okay. Not as much writing as I want, but I'm okay with that. I'm in chapter four, and I know where I'm going. I'm currently reading chapters for my CP who got a request, so she can get the new book off, and since I'm not on deadline, that's my goal for the weekend - just to help her get through as much as she can.
Oh, and did you all see the news? Kendra's ms, BELOW FREEZING, finaled in the mainstream category of the DAPHNE! She got the call on Friday. I've read it, and it's a great book. Congrats, Kendra!!!
Congrats, Alice, on finishing the proposal. And WTG Paty on your awesome progress. Kendra, you're a rockstar! What great news about your finaling in the Daphne! Woo hoo!
I received a long revision letter from my agent yesterday on Mystic Taxi. Yay! She was very complimentary, saying she loves this book even more than Knight's Curse, but it still needs work. What? It's not perfect? Bwahahahaha! Of course not. :) I have work ahead of me and I'm looking forward to digging right in. I love revisions, especially the parts where she wants me to add stuff. *rubs hands together and makes the Renfield laugh*
44,000 in a week? WOW. Paty's doing NaNoWriWEEK :)
And YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Kendra rocks (and what awesome news to receive in Hawaii).
I just got back from a 5 hour seminar with Children's Author Sharon Riggs, and I'm really inspired. I got a lot of plotting done.
Other than that, most of my week has been spent with work and gallbladder ick. However, I have been doing a lot of brainstorming and thinking.
My goal for this week:
1) Sign up for the summer online class I am taking
2) Get at least one contest entry out the email hatch :)
3) Finish writing synopsis that I brainstormed last week.
Paty -- 44,000 words in a week? Huh? Good grief, I'd be happy for a fraction of that. I wouldn't be surprised if you can do it, though. Can't wait to hear how it went!
Eli --That is great news about Kendra -- thanks for sharing it! That's wonderful. I bet she's flying high! It's really nice of you to help your CP partner get ready for her submission...
Karen -- Very cool to get such positive feedback on Mystic Taxi. Everything digit crossed here for you...
Wavy -- Ack on the gallbladder still giving you trouble. Your goals for the week sound doable. Is this the idea you got for refocusing the story idea I looked at?
Everyone is so focused and doing so well!!!
Hi, Alice! Hope your shoulders and neck are better. Congrats on getting the proposal sent!
Paty, yes, I think you can write 44,000 words in a week. I just don't want to hear about it because it makes me feel like such a slacker. LOL!
Eli, this seems to be your week to support other writers.
CONGRATULATIONS, Kendra, on the final in the DAPHNE!
Karen, how exciting about Mystic Taxi! Enjoy your revisions!
Wavy, hope you are feeling better soon. Sounds like your new habit of setting weekly goals is moving you forward really well!
I made major progress in cutting and edits on my novella this past week. I'm just pushing forward with that this coming week.
Post a Comment