
Hey all! How did your week go? Did you accomplish what you wanted? More? Less?
I didn't write near as much as I wanted, about 4000 words. I was hoping for five times that. Hopefully this next week will work out better. But Wavy will be proud of me. I read three books this week! I had two to read for final edits and one was an EPPIE entry. That's why I didn't get as much writing done this week. Plus buzzing over the mountain for the meeting. It always takes away from my writing time, but it refuels and re-ignites my writing flame when I get back.
Only one more week until NaNo. How many of you are participating?
9 comments:
Way to go, Paty! Your goal was 20K words? woooow.
Let's see...I got my promo mailing out, read both of Alice's latest releases (AWESOME!!!! The second one she's entering in the RITAs), and Rocki St. Claire's last release. I also started researching my option book and started it, but I'm only 2/3 through chapter one right now. Hoping to add some words to it tomorrow.
Only 4000 words? Paty, you slacker! :-)
Seriously, I'll be very happy when I can claim that I only wrote 4000 words in a week. Although come to think of it, I'd better be saying that soon (and a lot more), since I've also signed up for NaNoWriMo this year. Ack!
I have been writing this week, but my number is closer to 1000. Still, it's a start!
Beautiful picture. I took my mother for a walk today, picked up leaves and decorated her apartment with them. She enjoyed the sky and the breeze and all the colors...
Let's see. I did -- practically nothing. Oh, started the next book four times in four different ways and realized I was mixing characteristics of my killer in a stupid way but that's it.
Eli, it is extremely flattering that you liked the second book, but when did I say I was entering it in the Ritas, hmmm? You rabble rouser.
Paty, you got a lot done. I didn't know you were doing the Nano. I think Wavy (and her mom) are doing it, who else???
Debbie, you're a Nano, too! Are you going to work on the Champagne book? (Loved the idea for that, btw. Oh, and if there are any plot points you want to talk about before you start Nano, i.e., if another head might help, run them past me if you like.)
That's great progress, Paty, considering how much other stuff you had to do. I probably got about 5000 words this week, but the day is still young. I have no excuses. I really AM a slacker.
Alice, I'm doing NaNo! And I actually found 3 other writers in Bend who are nanoing and we're talking about doing a write-in at a coffee shop somewhere. One of them's just 15! I admire young writers so much. I have a 17 year-old in my Colorado crit group.
Well, I better go back to slacking off on my word count.
Oh, by the way, Eli, I've been talking up your books on the Absolute Write forums. Some romance writers were curious to know if there was such a thing as romantic adventure. I posted your website and they're very excited about your books! It's all about the buzz. Bzzzzzz...
I'm doing a modified NaNoWriMo--haven't decided what those modifications will be yet. I just want to produce lots!
Alice -- yep, I plan on working on the Champagne book (it's working title is A Killer Pinot Noir). Your offer is incredibly generous and I just might take you up on it! Thanks!
Yes, I'm a slacker. I need 90,000 words by mid November and I'm only at 25,000, so I have to grind them out.
Yes, I agree, Eli, Alice's last two books were great.
Awesome, Deborah! Any writing is good writing. And your book sounds like a great read!
Alice, tomorrow's topic on the blog has to deal with where you're at. And no I'm not doing NaNo, but so many writers I know are.
Congrats on the word count Karen!
Genene, good luck on the modified NaNo.
Post a Comment