
Hey everyone, how's it going? It looks as though Paty is busy with family or weddings this weekend and as I'm sitting here working anyway, I thought I'd go ahead and post a check-in.
That little cutie up there, btw, is my grand-daughter Carmen when she was two or so. The photo evokes Saturday morning to me for some reason.
Okay, where are you in your WIP, how's life treating you, are you working too hard or not hard enough or is all just right?
I am on page 176 with the hope of reaching 190 by tomorrow night, but we'll see. There's family in town and you all know how that goes. Meanwhile, along with the editor's okay to proceed, I also got asked to submit the art pages asap and so I did. As that task (which includes a short synopsis) always looms like a tremendous black hole, it's kind of fun having it out of the way so soon.
Who else is working on this hot Saturday afternoon???
3 comments:
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
Hey Alice, I'm just now catching up on emails and news and blog posts and...oh, my!!! But I wanted to say...biiiiiiiig sigh of relief that your editor loves the direction of the story! Cannot wait to hear more about it.
As for me...I did not work on a single thing on vacation. I lounged on the beach, played in the surf, listened to my ipod, read two books (and a novella), sipped (a lot) of drinks and basically just vegged. Oh, and did I mention the DH sat next to me reading "my book"???? Um...yeah...totally stressful!!! And that my girlfriend was sitting on the other side of him reading the second one???? Double stressful! The good news is that they both loved the books...and the DH was uber proud of himself that he found 3 typos - which my editor, agent and the copy editor all missed. ;) Luckily, I haven't done my galleys yet, so I should be able to correct those.
Today I'm checking email and playing with the kids. Tomorrow I'm planning to get back to work on the wip. Less than two months until deadline. I gotta finish this up ASAP!
You are baaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Yea! About time.
Kudos to the dh for finding typos. MY sister is reading my August release right now and pointing out horse flaws. Mind you, the book is in print. I made a doozy. Said the heroine pulled herself onto the horse's back by grabbing a fetlock. The fetlock is that tuft of hair down by their hooves. Oops big time. I knew what it was, I just had a brain blip and two editors missed it, too.
Good to have you back. We missed you. Lisa's here, you're here -- life is back to normal. Kind of.
Hi Alice!
We were at the place of no internet over the weekend. It sounds like your book is coming along. Congrats!
Welcome back, Eli!
Last week I finished work on Miner and sent it back to my editor, then got busy on the Pinkerton book and working up a query letter to go with it to the agent. I've decided to not be so impetuous and wait until the book is at the half way point before I send out queries to agents. Just in case they get back faster than they say.
Post a Comment