Saturday, August 09, 2008

Saturday Check In


Wow! Wavy, you got all kinds of great advice. Now to figure out which works for you. I know we'll all be on pins and needles waiting to see what you decide.

Saturday Check In- I finished edits on Miner this week. I'm going to do one last read through and send it back to my editor. I wrote the query letter to go with the Pinkerton story and I am rewriting the beginning of the Pinkerton story. I'll hold off another week to send to the agent because I really want to get farther along on the story before I send it to the requesting agent and the others who said they were looking for historical westerns/series.

I will be scarce on the blog and loop the rest of the month. our daughter from Alaska and her three children will descend on me on Tuesday- Then her sister will come over with her two the following week and by the end of that week our Air Force son will be here with his two. ACK! Then we are spending a weekend in the valley attending two weddings(My oldest brother's girls) and then my daughters and their broods will be gone, but I'll be watching my son's two while he heads to his new base and gets things set up. Then the dh and I will take the kids to him in South Dakota. But, at this time, I should make this month's meeting. And with all this, I plan to get partials out to agents! Am I crazy or what??

6 comments:

Flo Moyer said...

Paty, that sounds like a really nice month ahead. Weddings! ahhh.

Check-in for this week: I lost 1 1/2 days of work when my dvd, on a 4 mos old computer, suddenly failed after a download activation of my excel/outlook programs. The bios didn't even recognize the drive. Of course, I just had to fix it myself. Couldn't. The manufacturer had a stupid solution I held off doing. Good thing. I read something new last night on the problem that was so simple it made my head explode, opened up the computer this morning, did it--and voila. Dvd works fine now.

So other than that, I am to page 58 in the rewrites, revisions of my wip. Hope to finish today, do the synopsis, which is in parts already, so I'm close, and then mail that proposal off for consideration Monday. Yes! Hopefully. Then after that, I have a couple other ideas. My word for the month is 'focused.'
Flo

Alice Sharpe said...

If Paty is crazy, Flo is focused, I guess I"m a little of both.

Let's see, I wrote about 45-50 pages last week. I'm on Chapter Seven, page 132. By Sunday night, I hope to be on page 150 but that might not happen as today is a seem mom day.

Writing this book is interesting in that it's the way I used to write a book. Because of the deadline, etc..., there was no down time, I went from Chapter three forward without a lag. That's made it kind of enjoyable. Still haven't heard from my editor so am blindly marching forward.

Congrats Flo on almost having that proposal out the door. Whoopee! And Paty, it seems to me the more you have to do, the more you do. Fingers crossed that everything goes well on both the series and with the 101 grandchildren.

Paty Jager said...

Flo, Congrats on getting the computer problem figured out. And way to go on getting the proposal done and ready to go out the door.

Alice, I've found that if I can stay in the one book and work on it consistently every day, it comes much easier than hit and miss writing. Congrats on the pages!

Karen Duvall said...

Paty, can I just say I think you're certifiably insane? LOL! Just kidding. I admire your energy! OMG, I could never handle so much family in one month. As a matter of fact, my entire brood will be staying here in my tiny house for more than a week during Thanksgiving, and though I'm excited have them with me, especially my 3 grandkids, it will shatter my independent self-involved way of life. I must remember I'm like a tree; I can be flexible. Gulp.

Nothing to report. Still on the edge of my seat after the big news on my PASIC final last week, and my agent sending KC to 4 major pubs. I was so caught up in the graphic project from hell that was in full swing, too. So this weekend I'm reading. I just started Steph Myers' Twilight, which I bought yesterday with my B&N gift card, and I'm totally enchanted by this book. There's lots to love about this story and the way it's written. I'm so glad I'm enjoying it (because I seem to not like anything these days) and I'm eager to pick up the next 3 books with what's left on my gift cards.

Flo Moyer said...

Excellent progress, Alice! Karen, hang in there. I'm rooting for you. You mentioned books--I love to buy books. But I'm afraid that's curtailed right now as budget is limited. However, I just got the latest two Lisa Scottoline books from the library (07 and 08 releases), and I also got a password from the library so I can put holds on other bestsellers, so I'm happy!
Flo

Lisa Pulliam said...

Have a wonderful time with the kiddos!! You've got a lot on your plate, but I know you'll pull it off ;) I hope you are able to make it to the meeting, I'd love to see you!