Friday, July 03, 2009

Current Project: Line edits for STOLEN SEDUCTION
Status: Need to start



Happy 4th of July everyone. As today is the observed holiday, this post will be short. I just want to wish all of you a very happy holiday.

As for me, I'm alive and well and working on recovering. I've cancelled my trip to DC for the RWA National Convention so I hope all of you are able to keep me entertained the week of National. And I can't wait to hear all about it when Debbie and Kendra get back.

So what does everyone have planned for the holiday weekend?

9 comments:

Lisa Pulliam said...

Glad you're doing better!!! :D I spent the morning preparing a garage sale for work, I know, that sounds odd. But this very lovely woman unfortunately passed away. She never married or had kids, but was involved in the university - so she left us in charge of her estate. So we're holding a garage sale to sell her belongings, then will put her (INCREDIBLE) house on the market. I've got a couple of hours off, then I'm going back to help when the weather cools down. I found an amazing dresser that I'm really excited about. And some of her collectibles from all of her international travel.

It's amazing what you can learn about a person by what they owned. She must have been an incredible woman. So tomorrow and Sunday I'll be working the sale. Totally worth it - I really got that dresser for a steal. And I feel like it comes with good karma because this woman was wonderful :) I feel like I've sounded morbid. Sorry about that. Hope everyone has a great Fourth!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

So good to hear and see you on the blog, Eli!

This weekend, I'm finishing edits on my novella, CHASING RAINBOWS; bathing my dogs; and cleaning my house. Doesn't sound nearly as exciting as Lisa's garage sale. How very cool that this woman left her estate to the university to benefit from. She does sound like a wonderful person!

Kendra said...

We're getting ready for the neighborhood party. Food, fireworks, beverages, ;). The weather will be perfect. First we'll go to Canby for their parade and fair. A great small town, family-friendly event.

Paty Jager said...

I'm in Monatna waiting for a wedding to start. I drove here yesterday with one of my oldest daughter's friends. We chatted the whole way and I learned some stuff (she was in the Navy) I can use in future books. We'll leave here early tomorrow morning, but will have to stop at a place we stopped on the way up and decide if we really need the pj's we saw. LOL The ones I liked had Chocolate Moose on them and she liked one that said Beary Sleepy. I have Sunday to myself since the DH will be in Princeton.

Wonderful to see/hear you Eli! Keep getting stronger!

Barbara said...

It's good to "hear" your voice again, Eli! I hope you're getting stronger every day. I'm sorry to hear you won't be going to the RWA Nationals this year. Where will it be next year? Start planning!

Jim and I got out early and picked blueberries at our favorite u-pick farm before it got hot. We are eating lots of them and freezing the rest for winter. We are also cat-sitting for our son and his family at his place this weekend.

Stay cool and well-hydrated everyone!

Alice Sharpe said...

Today I attended a picnic at my mother's memory care residence, but tomorrow I'm celebrating the fourth by writing my book. Gee, isn't that how I celebrated every holiday for the last year? Can we say "rut?"
We may go out on the deck and watch the fireworks -- Brownsville throws a very nice firework display. We used to attend, but that seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Wonderful to have you back on the blog, Eli. So glad you're continuing to feel better.

Alice Sharpe said...

Oh, and since everyone will be busy this weekend and Eli did the honors with 4th of July, I'm going to skip the Saturday check-in. If someone misses it, feel free to post one.

Anonymous said...

Yay!! It's awesome to see you on the blog Elisabeth!

I'm so relieved that you're recovering, but I'd rather hear that you're all well and back in the saddle, or BICHOK-ing at least.

Are you getting any help with your recovery? Do you need anything?

We just got back from San Diego the other day and now I'm having to take off for girls camp. ICK!! I hate camping!!

Tomorrow, we're just hanging out with friends at a quiet spot on the river to swim and eat 4th of July food. Fried chicken, watermelon, chips and soda pop. No fireworks for us. We had enough of that every night in S.D. We were on the bay very close to Sea World and they do huge fireworks every night at 10:00. We're fireworked out. LOL

I'm so sorry you can't make it to National, Eli. That sucks. Don't push yourself. Just take it easy and recover. And please let us know if you need anything. I can totally come watch your kids or clean, do laundry for a day or two at your house. But, you HAVE TO LET ME KNOW if you need help. Okay?!!

Hang in there and get well, chica!!

Deborah Wright said...

So good to see you back on the blog, Elisabeth!! I was sorry to hear that you won't be going to National, but I think it was a wise choice. Hope you're feeling better every day. I'll keep my eyes and ears open at National and hopefully will have some stories for our post-conference meeting.

Take care and have a great 4th!