
"If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
-Catherine-
Current Project:Faith's Book
Status: Page 95
I hope that little lady up there gives you courage. As for me, I'm determined to get to page 100 today. Actually, knowing I am going to give a status report Saturday morning encourages me to keep at it even when I'm pretty sure I'm writing terrible, icky stuff. I'll fix it later, right now, I am just putting the words down. I don't really like working this way, but you have to stay flexible as a writer and use whatever skills and tools you can come up with, right?
Your turn!
6 comments:
LOL- your ballerina made me laugh! Love her!
I actually made the most progress yesterday that I have in a week on my WIP. I was quite pleased with myself. But having written beyond my synopsis, I had to stop a lot and do research. I still managed 10 pages. So I am back on a roll and by the next check in should be able to say this WIP is done!
Alice, I too, find these check ins make me push to get words on paper.
What's that old saw? A picture is worth a thousand words? LOL
I don't always post my progress, but I always read the post itself and get inspired, so thanks for that, Alice!
The last 2 weeks at work have been a nightmare. A major project that I've been working on for over a year pretty much blew up in my face and I've been doing near 24/7 triage on it. Things have quieted down a bit (fingers crossed). Now I'm grateful for the snow and ice on our little hill, because it gives me the perfect excuse to do nothing except stay at home and write. Maybe not all weekend, but for long stretches of it. I might have actual progress to report next week!
Not much progress here. Maybe 1000 words all week. I've devoted so much time to the puppy, but I think it's worth it. She's 100% house-trained and crate-trained, and now we're working on stopping the biting and chasing the cats. Very challenging.
This weekend will be spent setting up my new computer. I picked it up yesterday, but it was took heavy for me to take out of the car so my husband had to do it when he got home late last night. The thing is massive. Seriously. I'll barely be able to fit it on my desk.
Paty, glad the check-ins are helpful to you, too. I just kind of took over, didn't I?
It's always hard when you start working without a net (or without a synopsis). Glad you're coming along, wahoo on almost being done!!!!
Debbie -- your situation at work sounds terrible. I hope it resolves itself very soon. Hope the snow didn't get rained out (good-bye excuse for staying home and writing) or if it did that you gave yourself permission anyway. Fingers crossed for the fires to be OUT and progress to begin again.
(Looking forward to your POV blog...)
Karen, as we both know, a thousand words is a thousand words.
Congrats on the puppy training. Woe, that was impressive. I have a feeling the cats will teach her about chasing cats -- in my experience they put up with behavior from babies that they won't tolerate from adults!
That computer sounds gynormeous. How fun.
Post a Comment