Thursday, December 04, 2008

SHAMELESS PROMOTION


Current Project: Promoting the release of FEATHERS ON THE FLOOR on Dec. 12

Status: Special event underway at <http://feathersonthefloor.blogspot.com>

Hello to all!

Today I'm shamelessly promoting my Twelve Days of Christmas special event to celebrate the release of my next book, FEATHERS ON THE FLOOR, on December 12.

In addition to daily prizes, guest authors are stopping by at the FEATHERS blog <http://feathersonthefloor.blogspot.comto say hello and to promote their latest releases. Here's the line-up of guest authors:

Dec. 2: Terri Reed (Harlequin Love Inspired)
www.loveinspiredauthors.com

Dec. 3: Nickie Fleming (Rogue Phoenix Press)
www.nickiefleming.com

Dec. 4: Chris Kraemer (Wings ePress, Rogue Phoenix Press)
www.celiacooper.com and www.clkraemer.com

Dec. 5: Christina F. York (Five Star, Simon & Schuster, Berkeley Jove)
www.yorkwriters.com

Dec. 6: Christine Young (Awe-Struck E-Books, Rogue Phoenix Press)
www.christineyoung.bz

Dec. 7: Minnette Meador (Resplendence Publishing)
www.minnettemeador.com

Dec. 8: Paty Jager (The Wild Rose Press)
www.patyjager.com

Dec. 9: Teri Brown (Simon Pulse/Simon & Schuster)
www.teribrownwrites.com

Dec. 10: Delle Jacobs (Samhain Publishing, Awe-Struck E-Books)
www.dellejacobs.com

Dec. 11: Elisabeth Naughton (Dorchester)
www.elisabethnaughton.com

I'm also running a bonus contest for those who like a challenge. The following list includes one fact about each of my guest authors. Match the fact with the correct author above. You can post your answers here on this blog--though I won't tell you if you're right or wrong until next week--or send your answers to me at if you want to enter the contest for a surprise bag of goodies. (Yes, chocolate will be included!) 

Since several of these authors are members of our chapter, this might not be much of a challenge for some of you. However, I've given you the first answer as some of you might not know this author. Other answers can be found on the Twelve Days blog as guest authors visit or on each author's Web site. 

A) Writes under two different pseudonyms (Answer: C.L. Kraemer/Celia Cooper)
B) Operates her own e-publishing company
C) Will celebrate her birthday on the day she guest blogs
D) Her debut cover was designed by a well-known artist 
E) Writes inspirational suspense
F) Has won the RWA Golden Heart three times
G) Her horse was the model for one of her book covers
H) Celebrates her 20th wedding anniversary this month
I) Lives in Belgium and knows several different languages
J) Drives a Volkswagen "Beetle"


Have fun!

8 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Hi Genene, I'm looking froward to my day.

Karen Duvall said...

Congratulations, Genene! Good luck with the book! 8^)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo Genene! You go girl!!! Good luck with all your promotion and hope you're having a blast. :)

Alice Sharpe said...

Genene, you're a promotional inspiration! Good luck with all this, can't wait to check i on some of my favorite authors.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

So fun Genene! I'm putting together a fun post for my day. (Something more than the one liner I sent you. LOL)

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

You ladies have been busy while my doggies let me sleep in. And not giving away any answers, I see! LOL!

Paty, Karen, Piper, Alice, Eli--thank you all for your good wishes!

Paty and Eli--I'm also looking forward to your guest appearances. I'll be prepared for surprises and fun!

It struck me again this morning how very lucky we are that our group gives two very valuable treasures to each other: time and support.

We're all busy and there have definitely been some rough spots this year, but this group always has a kind word. Just seeing your smiling faces on the blog brings sunshine to my day.

Yeah, yeah, yeah--I'm not always naggy and philosophical. :)

Deborah Wright said...

Congratulations, Genene! I'm looking forward to reading all the posts!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Debbie!

Thanks for stopping by! I have really been enjoying the visits with guest authors on my Twelve Days of Christmas blog. It's not as good as a face-to-face visit, but it's a nice way to catch up with what's going on in the authors' writing lives!