Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Current Project: A Killer Pinot Noir
Status: still poking along at about 8,000 words

Ack! I've be mulling over a post on POV (and the fact that my current work seems to be being written by someone with multiple personalities) for the last week, but it's all still in the nebulous stage. Between fighting fires at work and getting ready for the chapter party tonight, I think my brain has short-circuited. I'll save the POV post for next time.

For now, I'll just say, yay! party! I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to celebrating with everyone! 'Tis the season, after all. :-)

5 comments:

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Debbie, many thanks to your and your husband for hosting us this evening in your beautiful home!

I had a wonderful time and laughed harder than I have in a long time. Thanks, chapter mates, for a grand celebration!

Alice Sharpe said...

I'm seconding Genene's thanks for being such a gracious hostess. It was wonderful meeting your husband, too, and Bailey and Benji (Did I get his name right?) Thank you.

But now I can't wait to hear your comments about POV!

Paty Jager said...

Had a good time, Debbie! Thanks you for hosting the party.

Those who might be wondering- I stopped by Lori's on the way home and she is doing good, just still lots of upheaval with her mother's estate and her brothers. Her youngest son is home and a support during the day when her husband is at work.

She said she misses us all and hopes all the mess gets cleaned up soon so she can get to meetings.

Anonymous said...

Fabo party! Like Genene, I laughed so much my face actually hurt! But in a good way. :)

Paty-- Thanks for the update on Lori. I'm so sorry she's having to go through this, but glad she's not alone. And Lori, if you're popping in and see this...

(((((Hugs to you))))))

Deborah Wright said...

Genene -- I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself. I heard a lot of laughter Tuesday night and I always think that's a sign of a successful party! :-)

Alice -- thanks and I'm glad you were able to make it. We all needed a break, I think. Eric had a great time meeting everyone. The cats were exhausted -- they slept all Wednesday! (and it's Bailey and Benny, but I think Benny'd answer to just about anything ;-)

Paty -- glad you could come! And thanks for the update on Lori.

Becky -- it was fun, wasn't it? Laughter is always the best medicine and I think we all got a good dose the other night. :-)