Saturday, November 28, 2009

SATURDAY CHECK-IN


Posted by: Genene Valleau
Current Project: Nine-book series
Status: Making steady progress

Hi, all! It's unusual that I'm the first at Saturday check-in--especially since it's evening. Must be a busy day or long weekend for all of you. Hope it has been a good one!

How are you all doing on your writing? How about those who are doing NaNoWriMo? Are you where you wanted to be when you started almost a month ago?

11 comments:

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

I'm feeling very lonely here at Saturday check-in. From Paty's post yesterday, she may not have access to e-mail. And Alice may be tied up with family obligations.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

In spite of being out of town one day this week and spending a lot of hospice time with one of my older doggies, I made good progress on my nine-book series. I did seventeen scene sheets this past week, as well as made several more pages of notes on various stories. Not as much as I would have liked, but progress nonetheless.

How are the rest of you doing on your writing goals? How about you NaNo ladies? Are you where you want to be as NaNoWriMo wraps up?

Anonymous said...

Wow, Genene! 17 scene sheets is a ton! Sounds like you've been very productive.

The only writing I've done is the Thanksgiving scene that Wavy had us do on her blog day. Other than that, I've been too busy cooking two full Thanksgiving dinners; one for Thanksgiving day for 22 people that took me 3 days to do, and the other was all day today for only 12. Today's was a smaller dinner, but it still took all day. *sigh* I'm so pooped I'm ready to fall over.

I just had to check in to see what all my lovely friends have been up to, but I see it's just lovely you and me. LOL

Okay, I'm going to bed! Thanks for posting a check-in. :)

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

LOL, Piper! Sounds like you've earned a little R&R with all the cooking you've been doing. Glad you're headed for bed.

And at least you did Wavy's exercise--that counts as writing. :)

If I did my scene sheets in detail, that would be a lot, but right now, most of them are pretty general so I can just get the stories down.

Thanks for checking in!

chanceofbooks said...

Haven't been the most productive here either--I made it through 5 pages this week. I just need to make through grading heck this next week.

I'm aiming for another five pages this week.

Deborah Wright said...

I also wrote about 5 pages this week. Not a lot, but at least I was pretty consistent at writing something daily. Not bad, since I'm also re-working the story, so I'll take it!

Piper--two Thanksgivings for a total of 34 people?! Good grief, woman! I hope you're taking a nice long nap today. :-)

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hey, Wavy! Five pages is moving forward!

I hope grading week goes smoothly!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Congrats, Debbie, on writing every day as the holidays descend!

Good luck with reworking your story. Are you making major changes or just course adjustments as you go?

Paty Jager said...

Yesterday was a bust. Used up a whole day to sell two books. But that was one more than the other authors there. I can't believe how dead the book store was.

This week, I finished the epilogue for the sisters story, wrote the synopsis and we put together the cover letter to go with the submission. I read a pregalley of the spirit book, and started on galley edits of DIP.

I'll finish the DIP galley and start in on the revision for the contemp. cowboy story this week.

Yesterday I had some interesting visits with Minnette Meador and Lisa Hendrix (they were part of the signing) I'm doing some rethinking of my strategies.

Awesome Sauce said...

Ugh, NaNoWriMo. I had high hopes at the beginning and made a good start. It was good that I dove in, instead of putting it off with an outline. But I wish I could have done more. I knew I wouldn't finish, and came into this month knowing it was packed with stuff that would prevent me from finishing. But I'm started, and I know basically everything about my story at this point, so I just need to be better at taking advantage of time to write. A swift kick in the rear for motivation works great. *kicks* Yipes! Writing! Yes! Make it happen!

Hope things go good for everyone. ^_^ Christmas is coming right up, so of course it's going to be awesome, right!? Right!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hey, Paty! Sorry the signing wasn't so great this time. I'd love to hear any strategies you'd be willing to share. Maybe at the holiday party??

Sounds like you've been very busy with other writing though. Good job!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hey, Katie! I'm impressed that you at least tackled NaNoWriMo. Knowing how busy the holidays get, I refuse to even go there. And I'm in denial about Christmas being so close. As they say, time flies...

And don't kick yourself too hard for motivation or you won't be able to sit in a chair. :)