Thursday, November 26, 2009



In lieu of the holiday, I'm not going to drone on and on. (I know that breaks your heart!) I simply want to wish you all a happy and healthy holiday. May you eat gobs of unhealthy foods, drink to excess and remember all the wonderful gifts that you have to be thankful for.

And if you feel so inclined - and have the time - how about sharing what writing gifts YOU are thankful for this year?

Happy Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Elisabeth Naughton said...

I have SO much to be thankful for this year.

My first release - STOLEN FURY.
My second release - STOLEN HEAT.
My fabulous editor.
My awesome agent.
All the readers who have read my books, emailed me to tell me they love them and spread the word.
My incredible CP.
My beta readers.
My family who supports me and gives me time to write.
My wonderful writer friends - all of YOU - who keep me grounded and make writing fun.
And finally, my health. Which wasn't exactly perfect this year, but which reminded me how blessed I really am.

Awesome Sauce said...

I'm thankful for your health, too, Elisabeth!

I am thankful that God has given me a talent for writing and has filled my head with lots of amazing stories. I am thankful that it is possible to share those stories with others. I am thankful that I learn everyday to write better. I am thankful for other writers to learn from. I am thankful for the joy that writing and the community of writers can be.

Happy Turkey Day, all you lovely ladies! Eat LOTS and LOTS of pie! (That's where I'll be.)

Paty Jager said...

My Thanksgiving was Tuesday. Today I am reading my galleys!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!!

I'm thankful stories come to me faster than I can write them.

...all the writers I've met through RWA and The Wild Rose Press
...for readers who tell me they like my stories
...for opportunities to share my writing knowledge with others
...for my supportive family
...for research librarians who have gone the extra mile to help me find minute information.

Alice Sharpe said...

I am thankful my best writing buddy didn't die (thanks, Eli, for pulling through.)

I am thankful I completed three books this year and that the last deadline came before the current crisis.

I am thankful the odds are in my favor that eventually I will think of an idea and that I have an editor anxious to help me develop it.

I am thankful for all my writer friends...

And not getting some new dread disease...

And the very special readers who take a moment to generously share their appreciation for what I do.

And most of all, I am thankful for my family. They are the people who have to love me because they signed a contract saying they would. I think. Maybe they didn't sign. Note to self: get family members to sign the friggin' contract!

Deborah Wright said...

I, too, I, too, have much to be thankful for this year.

I'm thankful...

...for my very supportive husband, who may not read what I write, but who nevertheless believes in my desire to write
...for all of the talented members of the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA and all of your positive encouragement!
...for the incredible community of writers I've discovered through RWA - the amount of "giving back" that goes on is absolutely staggering
...for being able to hold on to the Day Job until at least the end of the year, making it that much less stressful while writing
...last, but not lease, for my mother's improved health and our continued good health

I hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

I posted a list of some of my "items of gratitude" at Rose City Romance Writers (and sent a link to our loop) that included some silly and some serious items--not just writing-related ones.

As for writing-related gratitude items, here are a few:
--For supportive and inspiring writer friends--DEFINITELY!
--For my critique partners.
--For my upcoming February 2010 release in A Valentine's Anthology and the opportunity to work with two authors I've known and respected for a number of years.
--For how well my nine-book series is going, even if more slowly than I had hoped.
--For opportunities to spread the word about wonderful romance books.

I'm sure there are more, but that's a nice start on a list. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!