Status: 40,000 words
If you're wondering, What is Elisabeth up to today? you're spot on with your curiosity. Today is not my normal blog day, but I'm here, out of the goodness of my heart, giving up my scheduled writing time to tell you some exciting news.
(You can't wait, can you?! I know. I'm all a twitter with it, too...)
Drumroll please...
We're going to be switching things up here on the blog! From now on I'll be blogging on Thursdays, alternating with the beautiful and talented Genene Valleau every other week. Fridays will then become what we're going to call Free For All Fridays. What are Free For All Fridays, you ask? Oh, let me tell you, grasshopper. Free For All Fridays are basically open mike days:
MWV members...have a writing topic you want to rant about, a question you need answered or just something you'd love to discuss with write-minded individuals? Email it to me at elisabeth@elisabethnaughton.com (my contact info is also at the bottom of this page) with your post and we'll put it up!
Regularly scheduled MWV bloggers...have news you want to share? A new release, a sale, an event, a contest, a game you'd like to play or even a writing challenge? Pick your day and go. No schedule! Free For All Fridays are available on a first come, first serve basis.
Guest bloggers...have a new release you want to spread the word about? Well, email me and we'll get you up on Free For All Friday!
(*Cough, ack, cough* Please note: The powers that be (that would be moi, by the way) reserve all rights granted unto here for to us (I doubt that's appropriate legalese, but, oh well) to edit and/or say, "No frickin' way!" if your post topic is inappropriate, offensive or just plain stupid, FYI.)
That's it! It's basically that simple. From now on, we'll have our regularly scheduled bloggers Mon-Thurs, and Fridays will become open free for alls where you may (or may not) get what you're expecting.
And with that in mind, I'm taking the first Free For All Friday. (You knew it was coming, didn't you, you sly dog, you...)

Okay, I recently finished reading the Twilight Series, and though it took me forever to get through the first book (I exceeded my tolerance level for teenaged angst way back when I was teaching), I flew through books 2, 3 and 4, mostly because I couldn't wait to see what would happen to Jacob. (Yes, I am very clearly in the Jacob camp and am most definitely not an Edward lover. Could be that stone cold thing...I'm already always cold and have a hard time imagining cozying up to a popsicle. But that's a topic for another post...) So, I think it's easy for you to understand that I enjoyed New Moon way more than Twilight because Edward was missing for most of the book and it was all about Jacob! Recently, my daughter and I watched the the Twilight movie (she loved it), and while I thought it was okay entertainment, until I read the books I wasn't planning on seeing the next movie. Now I am. (Like I said, it's all about Jacob.)
Here's the trailer for New Moon, which releases from theaters November 20, 2009:
But that's not really what made me want to watch this movie. No, what convinced me is the following "banned" version of this trailer. Check it out:
Now if THAT doesn't make you want to watch New Moon, I don't know what will.
What's the last movie trailer you saw that made you want to see that movie, like, now?
And because it's Free For All Friday, this is where I remind everyone that if you're in the Portland, OR area tonight, please stop by Powell's 3rd Annual Romance Event where I'll be signing books at 7pm! The official deets from Powells are below:
Rose City Romance Group Signing
Join us in supporting local romance authors at our third annual Rose City Romance event! Meet these talented women, ask questions, and get books autographed in a casual setting. Featured authors include:
* Cathy Lamb (Almost Home)
* Delilah Marvelle (Lord of Pleasure)
* Minnette Meador (Edge of Honor)
* Jenna Bayley-Burke (Her Cinderella Complex)
* Meljean Brook (Demon Bound)
* Jean Johnson (The Sons of Destiny Series)
* Margaret Mallory (Knight of Desire)
* Gina Robinson (Spy Candy)
* Elisabeth Naughton (Stolen Heat)
* Hanna Rhys-Barnes (Widow's Peak)
* Lisa Hendrix (Immortal Outlaw, Immortal Warrior)
Friday, September 18th @ 7pm Powell's Books at Cedar Hills Crossing 3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. (800) 878-7323
I hope to see you there!
12 comments:
I can't stop laughing about that New Moon trailer! HAHAHA! I'm excited for Free for All Fridays :)
That trailer is too funny for words. I've got to send it to my grand-daughter!
Have fun at the book signing tonight! (And I personally loved the trailer for the movie Up even though I never got around to actually seeing the movie.
Free Fridays! (And once they're all free, let's work at busting the rest of the week out of chains.)
Wow! This IS 'super exciting amazing news'!!
And if I decide to post something stupid and I get the... 'No fricken' way!' I'll just wait and post something stupid in the comments section! So there! *Thwpppttt*
You girls have fun at Powell's doing your book signing tonight. I wish I could be there. Dang it.
Just so you know, I'm glad you're in the hairy, smelly, flea infested, naked guy when he changes back from a dog to a human, Jacob's camp because there's no room for you in Edward's icy embrace. And he's not like a popsicle, but rather more like a creamy, chocolately fudgesicle.
Oh, and I love the banned New Moon trailer. If they made spoof movies I'd see those. I've never seen, nor will I see, the real Twilight movies. For me, the actors they chose could never do justice to the characters in my mind from reading the books. Kristin what's-her-name never changes her expression, like, EVER! And she's like that in her other movies, too. She just has that blank look, to me. LOL
The last movie trailer that made me want to see a movie is the one with Juliette Binoche called, 'Paris'... http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/paris/
And the one with Sandra Bullock called, 'All About Steve'... http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/allaboutsteve/
Of course I can't wait to watch my hot boyfriend Gerard Butler in 'Gamer'... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ubYTIazskQ
And speaking of Gerard, never mind the whole thing I said earlier about Edward and his fudgesicle self. I'll stick with the wicked Scotsman.
Again, have a great signing tonight!
Oh, and Alice, 'Up' is a FANTASTIC movie. Definitely a must see!! I've seen it twice in the theatre; it's just that good! :)
I adore Take 180! They have a bunch of spoofs on their website, and a web original show called I <3 Vampires. It's actually pretty good.
I loved the first Twilight book, it made me nostalgic. Didn't care much for the moon one (just the opposite of you, Eli, LOL), though I read most of it. I'll probably watch the movie.
Have a fun signing!
Glad you enjoyed it, Lisa. Every time I watch it I laugh out loud.
Alice, my daughter loved the trailer. I'm sure your grand-daughter will too!
BTW...my mom saw UP and LOVED it. I need to see that one too.
(Too cute about your week-day escape plan)
Piper...ack! You can KEEP Edward And Gerardepardu. I want the OTHER guy in PS I Love You. The REALLY hot one. ;)
I'm off to check out some of your trailers. Wish you were coming tonight. Thanks for the good wishes!!
Yes, Karen. Those spoofs are great.
Too funny about New Moon. We all have such varied tastes!
I loved the second trailer- more to my liking. LOL
I think the Free Fridays are a great idea!
I enjoyed both trailers and can't wait for the movie to come out!
That New Moon trailer - the spoof - is just too funny. I work as a children's librarian and we have Book To Movie Parties. We had a great turn out for the Twilight Party. I'm curious what the response will be for the New Moon party. I'm with you, Jacob is much more appealing than Edward.
LOL with tears in my eyes at the spoof trailer! Thanks for the belly laugh or--oops, never mind, this comment may slide into the "no frickin' way."
And, gee, if you'd seen my latest driver's license photo, you would NOT have described me as "beautiful and talented." Sigh. Too many chocolate indulgences the last few months=sign me up for an extreme makeover.
Hope your booksigning went well!
Post a Comment