Welcome to the first "To-do Tuesday." This is the space where we'll be sharing news of the chapter: speakers, events, and general RWA goings-on. On Thursday, we'll be sharing "Tooting Our Horn Thursday" with news of individual chapter members and their successes. (Of course, if you've got a better name for these columns, please share it!). My e-mail folder of blog news has tumbleweeds roaming around, so please send me your news! It doesn't have to be pretty or even in complete sentences. Heck, just send me a link if you please and I'll do the rest.
First up today: Our next chapter meeting is a week from today! We meet at the Salem Public Library at 7:00 p.m., where the marvelous Christine Scheel will be sharing her thoughts about the craft of writing. Christine is a long-time chapter member, but she's a new Oregonian. Christine is in the process of finishing her much-anticipated move to the Oregon Coast. A multi-published author, Christine's most recent book, The Tiger's Lady, arrived on shelves last month. She has written numerous other Regency and Historical Romances, and has been active in the Beau Monde chapter. We're pretty sure Christine will be leaving her period costumes at home, but her talk promises to be entertaining and informative!
Next up: Buy your tickets now for the 2007 Portland Reader's Luncheon on Saturday, April 28th. This annual event is sponsored by the Portland RWA chapter and the keynote speech will be given by bestselling author, Sherrilyn Kenyon. This event is geared not just towards writers, but towards all readers and lovers of romantic fiction. The cost of the luncheon is $35, but in addition to great food at the Governor's Hotel, you also get admission to the book signing, book fair, chances at door prizes. Many authors will also have "goody baskets" up for raffle. From our chapter, Paty Jager, Chris Young, and Alice Sharpe plan to attend. Any others that I've missed?
I'm hoping to get more information before the 28th from these authors about what their goody baskets will contain, which new releases they'll be signing, and which authors they'll be lining up to get a book from! If I get these juicy tidbits, I'll post them in an another edition of To-Do Tuesdays, or they can share in the comments. Who else is planning to attend? Anyone been to prior luncheons? Anyone have suggestions for what our authors could put in their baskets?
I hope you enjoyed this first installment of To-Do Tuesday!
8 comments:
Great job, Wavy. Thanks so much! Very informative. I think these Tuesday blogs are going to be great. :)
Also...everyone remember to send your announcements to Wavy for Thursday's post!!!!
Way to go Wavy! This looks great!
If Christine had sent me the paragraph about her presentation I could have given you that. Oh well! Looks great! I'll wait to tell you what's in my author's gift basket for next Tuesday! That will keep everyone in suspense (LOL) and give me some more time to find some more good stuff!
Great job!
Nice work, Wavy! 8^)
Thanks for taking this on, Wavy. A fabulous first Tuesday edition!
I'll add my thanks and kudos to all the rest, Wavy. And, I, too will wait to divulge the nature and content of my basket seeing as I don't even have a basket right now, let alone any content.
Too busy writing to be a "writer."
Thanks again,
Alice
Thanks for sharing the news with enthusiasm and links, Wavy! I'm planning to be at the meeting Tuesday. I hope to see you all there.
Barbara, I'm so happy to hear you will be at the meeting. Hope you had a good month.
Thanks for the kudos everyone and remember send me your news. I know it feels like "bragging"--but tell your brain it's not. It's marketing. Would a NYT bestseller sit on that news? NO! And neither should you sit on any little milestone along that path!
Post a Comment