Status: Just started
My Twist on NaNo This
November
I’d hoped to write the first draft of a new book this year
during NaNo. However it turns out that I have another priority. I need to do a
final polish of my last manuscript.
The siren call of procrastination tempted me to do NaNo
anyway. I love the energy of NaNo, the intense focus and the feelings of
accomplishment. I have three stories planned and ready to go. Plus writing a
new story is fun and exciting.
But a writer must be self-disciplined enough to follow
through. She must be willing to work when it’s hard, to do the not-as-much-fun
steps necessary to make a book the best that it can be, and to do them as many
times as necessary with a particular story. She must control the urge to
procrastinate.
Then inspiration struck: I could do my own version of NaNo
to serve my own goal!
I call my project NaNoRevMo.
I’m channeling my NaNo energy into polishing pages with laser-like focus. My
sister, Diana McCollum, and I partnered to write in parallel as often as we can.
We report our progress to each other. And I’m on track to reach my goal.
NaNoWriMo, I salute you! Once again, you’ve inspired me.
3 comments:
Good idea, Sarah! I'm working on my own NaNo project, but so far I've found way too many things that have helped with my procrastination and when I procrastinate it makes me a bear. So you'd think I'd be getting along faster on my book!
Only barely 2000 words yesterday! I really need to hammer out more than that. Hoping today will be more focused.
Good luck, Paty. Maybe your loggers are figuring themselves out in your subconscious?
Good idea, Sarah! I always seem to be doing edits when NaNo rolls around. Maybe I should push to get three books edited this month instead of two. Nah, probably not going to happen with all the promo stuff I'm doing.
Post a Comment