Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sorry I'm late!


Lighthouse at Chania, Crete

Didn't see the notice that it was my turn to blog until this morning. Internet has been spotty at best so I'm posting late. This is a beautiful country with scenery that words don't do justice. The history seems to go back so far. All around Chania there are walls. It seems the Greeks kept building walls but the Ottomans kept invading. 

Right now I'm sitting across from the Athens airport waiting for tomorrow morning and our flight home. It was a beautiful sunset but the view was from behind a dirty window. We traveled from Crete to Athens this morning. Some of you have been following my blog and reading about the places we have visited. My blog will no longer be a travel blog although I still have been places I haven't shared and will continue to share occasionally.

Thirteen hours until our flight leaves for home. First stop Frankfurt, second stop Vancouver, Canada then on to PDX. We have taken six flights since we started our journey a little over three weeks ago and we have three left. 

See ya all soon!

2 comments:

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

I have loved your travel blog! Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful photos and your thoughts. It will be good to see you again!

Danita Cahill said...

What an amazing sounding trip, Chris!