Thursday, July 04, 2013

READ IT AGAIN, SAM





Do you ever read through old manuscripts or books that have been previously published?

I've been doing that as part of my promotion efforts for LEGACY REBORN, the last book of my Halo Legacy Series. I'm going through all nine books to pull excerpts for my blog, remind me of the main points of the stories so I can put photos with them, and for expanded character bios. 

Fortunately, these stories aren't so old that I cringe when reading them. No head-hopping or lack of motivation, thank goodness!

Reading these stories again also generates new ideas of how to package and promote them. It's been interesting. 

And I still like these characters--that's a good thing!

How about you? What have you learned by reading manuscripts or books you wrote several years ago? Can you see a huge improvement in your writing? Are there nice surprises? Embarrassing ones?

2 comments:

Christine Young said...

love the photo show of your legacy books.

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Thank you! This is one Goddess Fish did and I love it!