Thursday, April 18, 2013

"THE END"… now what?


Yesterday, I sent the last contracted book of my Halo Legacy Series and the cover to my publisher. 

Definitely cause for celebration. But what I want to do is … nothing.

This series has been years in the plotting, writing and promoting. And I just want to wallow in the accomplishment for awhile. 

There is more promotion ahead. I have two releases in May (A MAY DAY ANTHOLOGY on May 1 and LEGACY OF TRUTH on May 10) before LEGACY REBORN is released on July 1 to wrap up the Halo Legacy Series.

However, for now I am simply filled with the peace of accomplishment. 

I may even go to bed before midnight just to prove to myself it is possible!

What do you feel are your major accomplishments? Did you want to celebrate or simply relax?

3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Congratulations on finishing this epic series! You deserve a rest.

Meggan McQuaid said...

Congratulations! Truly a major accomplishment.

I don't think I have any of those, personally. I may not have ever done anything that long-term, that big, but even if I have, I'm more of a short term celebrator.

Around here, we do the happy-dance a lot. We do the "I found it!" dance, the "Good job!" dance, the "Whew!" dance...we're dancin' over something at least once a week. By the time a major accomplishment comes around, I have already celebrated all the little pieces along the way. I'm not good at self-denial, lol...I party and celebrate on the smallest excuse.

As for you? I think you deserve to go on vacation. A real vacation, to some other place, with someone else watching the dogs and everything. Even if it's just for two days, you should go someplace fun and let your responsibilities slide away for a while.

I'm over here doing the "Good job" dance for you! :)

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Thank you, Paty! My "rest" will be catching up with the rest of my life that has been mostly pushed to the side for a very long time.

Meggan, I think celebrating "little" and "major" accomplishments is very cool. I just haven't felt like I had the time. Maybe a shouted "hooray!" before I dug into the next task. Thank you for dancin' for me!

As for going on "vacation," and letting someone else care for my doggies, they are so much a part of me it would be like leaving part of myself behind. They aren't responsibilities to me, but adoration and support and so much more. Besides, I want to get my current house spiffed up so we can move onto our farm. I think the biggest challenge for me is going to be forming new habits. I don't really have to be doing two or more things at the same time, do I? LOL!