Thursday, February 21, 2013

IN BETWEEN...


Posted by: Genie Gabriel


I'm in the process of reading through the previous books of my Halo Legacy Series to be sure I find the loose ends and tie them up in the last contracted book of the series, which I'm currently working on. 

Yes, I have databases to track these threads, but I also like to reread the book so I get a better sense of what the heck I thought I was doing when I started the original plot line. Sometimes it's a surprise. :)

I also drafted a cover I like, but it's not going to be clear at the small sizes generally shown on the Internet. So I need to come up with something different. 

It's a bit odd wrapping up this series.It's been a big part of my life for well over a year, and I'm already feeling kinda lost. However, I'm sure I'll find plenty of things to keep me busy. I might even have time to play with my doggie herd again. I know I definitely have a big collection of books to read, which I didn't do.

What do you do when you're between books? Are there things you catch up on? New projects to dig into? Are these things related to writing? Or totally different? 

2 comments:

Paty Jager said...

When I finish a book or series I jump right into the next book. Right now I"m working on the mystery book and getting two westerns ready to be published in a Western Duet and gathering info for the third Isabella book. So I never feel in between anything! LOL

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Paty! So nice to know we'll continue to see more great books from you!