Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Quotes of the Day


I have been working seven days a week, so I thought I'd gather some quotes on balance to help me figure out how to get past this frenetic place I'm at:

"It's all about balance and, I think, being in the moment." (Jennie Finch)

"The trick to balance is to not make sacrificing important things become the norm." (Simon Sinek)

"I believe that being successful means having a balance of success stories across the many areas of your life. You can't truly be considered successful in your business life if your home life is in shambles." (Zig Ziglar)

"Happiness is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony." (Thomas Merton)

"The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise man." (Euripides)

"I'm afraid I'm still trying to find that balance. Especially now that everyone wants a piece of me. I find that I have to become more and more reclusive, and pick and choose when I am public and when I am private." (Sandra Cisneros)

"Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving." (Albert Einstein)

"I want to caution you against the idea that balance has to be a routine that looks the same week in and week out." (Kevin Thoman)

"Work, love and play are the great balance wheels of man's being" (Orison Swett Marden)

"But if you can create an honorable livelihood, where you take your skills and use them and you earn a living from it, it gives you a sense of freedom and allows you to balance your life the way you want." (Anita Roddick)

And that last one is my goal. Perhaps I have to accept that right now I am intensely focused on my work, and this will lead to a more balanced life in the future. I hope.

My next blog, on July 25th, will be on another aspect of self-publishing I'm currently exploring: audiobooks.

Have a good week, everyone!

Barb

1 comment:

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Thanks, Barb! I found many bits of wisdom in these quotes and in your words.

That balance is not always going to be the same. Everyone wants a piece of me. Right now I am intensely focused on my work...

And I'm practicing the fact it's OK to say "no thanks" to things that would be lovely to do but would take away from that focus.

Glad you took a breather. :)