Thursday, April 12, 2012

TEN REASONS I DON'T HAVE MY TAXES DONE…

Current Project: Doing my taxes
Status: not panicked yet!



(in no particular order)
-- The dogs ate the forms (and I have a lot of dogs :)
-- What do you mean it's April already?
-- Aliens took me for a ride in their space ship and erased the part of my memory related to taxes.
-- It was a sunny day and I didn't want to waste it inside.
-- It was raining and I didn't want to get depressed doing all that paperwork.
-- Math and I are not bosom buddies.
-- I thought the tax fairy might come by and do them for me. 
-- If hoped if I ignored them, the IRS would go away.
-- I've been really busy and figured the nice tax man would understand. :)
-- I've been writing in an alternate world where they don't have taxes!

Do you have a better excuse? Please share!

4 comments:

Meggan McQuaid said...

Ummm, my computer stopped working
Oh, no, as I'm using it right now I guess that won't work.

Ok, er, I lost the Turbo Tax password. Oh, you can just get another one, huh?

Um, let's see... doing the taxes is a time-consuming, tedious, and yet frightening activity that is no fun so I don't want to do it! Yep, that 's it.

Good luck!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

LOL, Meggan! Thanks for playing along. I did an attitude adjustment this morning and am determined to finish my taxes and get them mailed tomorrow. Anything that doesn't have to do with taxes or basic survival will have to wait. :)

Deborah Wright said...

Good Luck, Genene! I'll admit there have been years in the past when I've been right there with you, so I sympathise.

My excuse, when I was still doing my own taxes, was simple and always the same: doing taxes is boring, so I'd put it off for as long as possible--a few times even mailing them off at midnight on the 15th. Even my excuse was boring. LOL!

One excuse I couldn't use and that was not remembering the date. April 15th was my parents' anniversary (though it wasn't tax day when they got married).

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hi, Debbie! I appreciate your sympathy--but I think a boot in the fanny a few months ago would have been more effective. :)

However, I've been working diligently and almost have my databases updated. Then it's just a matter of filling out the forms.

We can go with boring for an excuse, though my feeling leans more toward frustrating. All those numbers tend to short-circuit my brain! LOL! I am in awe of accountants and others who can do math in their heads. My two sons are close to mathematical geniuses. Must be a genetic throw-back. :)