Thursday, April 26, 2012

PREPARATION

Current Project: My LEGACY SERIES
Status: Preparing for release of the second book in the series, LEGACY OF ANGELS



What do you do in preparation for a book launch? I seem to drive myself to the edge of crazy wondering if I'll get everything done. That's silly, because I know I will. And what doesn't get done won't even be noticeable to anyone but me. 


How does everyone else prepare for a book release? And if you're yet to be published, envision that day because your turn is coming!

Do you…
--Update your Web site
--Update your blog
--Make sure the blog posts for your virtual blog tour are finished
--Buy lots of chocolate to eat while you're worrying whether everything will go right
--Have a bottle of sparkling cider chilling to celebrate The Day
--Check the publisher's site, Amazon and other eRetailers to see if your book has been released early
--Sleep in and not worry about preparation
--Post a Facebook message every five minutes 
--Go out to dinner to celebrate
--Launch a new contest

What else? Please offer your suggestions!

2 comments:

Meggan McQuaid said...

Genene, You really have a good handle on this process! I don't have anything to add except that I admire your courage, audacity, and patience. Have you thought recently about how great it is that you are PUBLISHED AUTHOR? Way to go, good on ya, and yeeeeeehaw!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Aw, Meggan, I figured you'd have some fun, quirky way to celebrate a release. LOL!

Actually, one of the questions for an upcoming blog tour asked a question wondering if I ever thought I'd be an author. And, yes, it is great. It's one of those warm feelings that glows in my heart. :)