Friday, February 03, 2012

Aurora

Current Project: May Day novella (I think)
Status: just starting research



Source: tumblr.com via Chris on Pinterest



Aurora


This is one of the most gorgeous pictures I have seen. Photograph is so beautiful and it is something I would like to hone my skills on. The last four days my husband and I were on a mini vacation. We went to Discovery Bay in Washington. Not too far away, secluded and there was no one there. We had thought to take the ferry from Port Angelas to Victoria but the ferry wasn't running. It is always shut down this time of year for maintenance.  


But the time was wonderful. I find that being somewhere where there are no demands on housecleaning or time or anything else usually results in some productive hours. These are free hours--hours to be spent anyway I want to spend them. If I choose to do nothing, I don't feel the least twinge of guilt. If I'm reading a book, I don't think about the dusting or the vacuuming. LOL, not that I do that much cleaning. It's just that the work is always in the back of my mind.


I love the posts this week. They were all so insightful. 

1 comment:

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Another beautiful photo! So glad you and your hubby got some time away.