Sunday, December 18, 2011

Welcome Distractions on the Journey?

Current Project: Revisions
Status: Slow Progress
I've come to the conclusion that some distractions aren't distractions at all, but gifts that fill my 'emotional bucket' and make me a better writer.  Time with family, travel, having adventures, learning new skills, meeting interesting people, reading - all of these fill my bucket and help me to grow as a person and a writer.




For me, writing is a Journey, not a Destination. Every journey is achieved step-by-step. As long as there's progress, you're still on the journey. That's the way I see things.


In order to be happy on the journey, the key is to enjoy what you're doing and try to find balance. 

May your journey be filled with both!

2 comments:

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Good perspective! Not only can time with family and other "distractions" refill the well, but they can also give me time to think about my story in different ways.

Thanks!

Paty Jager said...

Wonderful thoughts, Sarah! I agree, sometimes what you think is a distraction is really your mind regenerating or rethinking a scene.