Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Man can I relate...

Current Project: Logger in Petticoats
Status: 48,000+ words




To the topic this month: Writing with distractions. Holy cow!  I have had them in spades this year. And next year isn't looking any more promising.  My daughter from Alaska and her three will be returning in January until the end of March.  I love them and enjoy spending time with them but they drastically cut into my writing time. They don't mean to, but with an open air loft that I write in and three small kids playing. quarreling, and having to see what Grams is doing really makes it hard to write.


Then there's the part of me that can't say "no." I tend to do more things than I should. But I'm getting better at saying the "N" word. It's easier to do than shut out family. 


From now until Christmas my goal is to write hopefully two chapters a day. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. I have to finish this book. I want it ready to do final revisions and editing the first week of January. Which means I have to get 30,000 more words written between now and then.


So wish me luck... and quit distracting me! ;)


Paty


www.patyjager.net
www.patyjager.blogspot.com


*Note: Those are not caged animals they are my grandchildren. Who really do need a cage.  8^)

5 comments:

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Yes, distractions is a great topic--especially for this month. :) And love the picture of your grandkids!

Writing two chapters a day is an ambitious goal--but doable if you don't get distractions. LOL!

Barbara Cool Lee said...

What a cute little distracting bunch! Wow, two chapters a day. I think I'm doing well if I do 1000 words a day. I feel like my life has been one big distraction for the last couple of months. But it's time for me to concentrate on writing (just in time for the holidays).

Good luck on reaching your goals this month!

Paty Jager said...

Thanks Genene and Barb. One chapter down this morning, Now to get the other done this afternoon.

Yeah, that's the problem they are cute distractions!

Sarah Raplee said...

Your productivity amazes me, Paty! Love the photo.

Paty Jager said...

Thanks Sarah!