Friday, December 23, 2011

Distractions Can Be Fun!

Current Project:  Umm...that's a toughy. Reissue of my Highland Series
Status:  The last of the three books will published today. Highland Song should be seen on amazon in a day or two.






For me distractions come packaged as grandchildren, my youngest and her husband who are here visiting, exercise and my blogs. Oh...did I forget cityville? Yeah, I hate to admit it but I did. 


I was astonished to see Genene's lists and--and--my gosh it is like her plotting. My idea of lists is usually on a scrap piece of paper which I inevitably lose before I finish the items listed. LOL, but I have a way of keeping most everything I need to do in my head. The most important at the forefront. If it is not that important, sometimes it never gets done.


I have embarked on a VBT using goddessfish as my promoter. At first I had a terrible time keeping track of everything. I managed to get all my interviews and articles answered and sent back to goddessfish. I have to say the process has been invaluable and I've learned a lot about my writing style and my methods of plotting, tracking as well as avoiding distractions. There were things pointed out by my commenters that truly surprised me. 


Now both rogues angels and my personal blogs are hosts of other VBTs. I've had to make folders, and more folders for each author. At first, until I found a way to keep everything straight I was losing interviews or not sending them. Now I finally think I have all figured out.


Somehow I digressed from distractions. sigh...


Maybe my worst distraction is my digression...food for thought.

3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Sounds like you have found your system, Chris.

I'm going to do a blog tour in May for the third Spirit book do I have to go through Goddess Fish to get on your blog?

I also have other questions. I'll e-mail you.

Distraction, boy there are a lot them in life.

Merry Christmas!

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hey, Chris! Congratulations on the re-issue of your third HIGHLAND book!

Even with your distractions, you get so much done! It's cool that you can keep the important things in your head. My head gets too full and things fall out. LOL! Hence the databases. :)

As Paty said, good that you've come up with a system that works for you. I think that's the most important thing--not what the system is, but if it works for you. If so, it's a good system!

Sarah Raplee said...

Congratulations on the re-issue of your book! I've had to develop a system to track guests for the RTG blog similar to your system for tracking VBT stuff. Before, I was losing track of who I'd invited, who accepted, etc.

Social media can become a distraction. I like marketing guru Seth Godin's advice: doing everything leads to average. Choose to do what makes sense to you and then do it spectacularly. That's how to stand out.