Friday, November 11, 2011

Sooo many blogs and sooo...little time!

Current Project: Sharks
Status: one more chapter






I'd like to wish everyone a very happy and fun fillied Thanksgiving with lots of wonderful food and quality time with families. 


Nano, nano finish the damn, I mean darn, novella. I've never taken so long to finish anything in my entire life. Procrastination did not play a part in the slowness of this project. The demon on my shoulder was the lack of inspiration. As usual though my characters took over and started writing the manuscript. Wow, thank you Lilly and Jacob for deciding what I could not. Thank you for stepping in, poking me in the arm, and taking over, telling me what you wanted. You two are my inspiration. And thank you Bentley for becoming the best bad guy ever.


I do not have the time to write 50,000 words in a month, at least not this month. But I decided to use nano to my advantage. My simplistic goal, finish the book by the end of November. I think it will be completed in the next week and the lead weight sitting on my shoulder will be lifted.


I also decided to try goddessfish promotions as I am rereleasing my Highland series. My virtual tour begins on November 29th and goes to December 23. I have answered interview questions and written articles for 18 different blogs. I am giving away a $50.00 gift card at Amazon to one randomly drawn commenter and a clan MacPherson book mark at each blog to one randomly drawn commenter. Now that most of the blogs are completed, I can sit back and watch. Hopefully I will sell lots of books, receive great comments, and meet new friends.


Any one know a way to make the picture smaller?

4 comments:

Deborah Wright said...

Wow, I can see why you don't have time to write 50,000 words this month! LOL

You've already been very productive. Good luck with the re-releases and the blog tour!

Re: making the image smaller...log into the blog editor, make sure you're in "Compose" (not html), click directly on the image and you'll get a bar along the bottom that allows you to choose the size and placement of the image.

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hey, Chris! If you total the number of words in the blogs you've written, you might be on target for NaNoWriMo's 1667 words a day. :)

Congrats on being near the end of the novella! But it's not like you haven't had anything else to day.

I'm looking forward to hearing how your blog tour goes. It sounds very promising, and hopefully it will sell lots of your wonderful HIGHLAND books!

(Thanks to tech expert Deb for the resizing tip. I didn't know how to do that either, I just went back my original and redid it. This sounds easier!)

Paty Jager said...

LOL Chris. I had the same problem today. The characters finally took me in the right direction. Good luck with your blog tour! Sounds like fun.

Sarah Raplee said...

Thanks for the info on your blog tour. Goddess Fish Promotions has a great rep.

You've written plenty this month!