Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Plugging Along

Current Project: Logger in Petticoats
Status: 42,000 words


No one has thrashed me enough with a wet noodle this month or I would be farther along on this WIP.  Something I'm learning from this project is I have to have my heart fully engaged in the story for it to flow smoothly from my fingertips.


Don't get me wrong I love my hero and heroine and I love the Halsey family, but because this premise is my second choice for this book I've had a harder time getting it written. That and outside influences have made my writing feel like I'm grinding my fingers in a meat grinder.


My goal is to have this book finished and polished by mid December. That means I have to seriously dig in and get to writing so once Thanksgiving is over I have to stick my nose to the computer monitor and my fingers to the keyboard and not look up until the dang thing is done. 


Easier said than done this time of year!   


How are those of you on a schedule or doing NaNo coming along? Better than I have?


I received the cover for the final book in the Spirit Trilogy. If doesn't quite match the other two but not a whole lot I can do about it.


Paty Jager
 www.patyjager.net
www.patyjager.blogspot.com

4 comments:

Genene Valleau, writing as Genie Gabriel said...

Hey, Paty! Bummer that LOGGER isn't flowing. Guess I've been lucky not to have to force a story in a direction that didn't feel quite right. Hopefully things will move easier once you get the chance to focus totally on the story.

I got publisher edits done on the second book of my LEGACY series today. Woo-hoo! And am still plugging away on book #3--making progress, so that's good.

Congrats on getting the cover for the third SPIRIT book! Did a different graphic artist do this one? Do you have a release date for it yet? You may have mentioned the date, but I'm lucky to remember what day today is!

Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Paty Jager said...

Hey Genene, Good job on getting things accomplished.

No , no release date yet. Yes it was yet another cover artist. Each book was done by someone different. But the first two did a better job of looking the same. My daughter pointed out they didn't even use the same font. Sigh.., It's pretty but doesn't have the same flavor of the other two covers.

Paty Jager said...

Oh! And Happy Thanksgiving to you! Sorry, company coming and just received a text they requested chocolate chip cookies. Guess Grandma better get in the kitchen!

Sarah Raplee said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Why did you go with a second premise for Logger in Petticoats? Did your editor ask you to come up with a different premise? That would be hard after writing a proposal - so much already invested in the story.

But you're still going strong in my book at 42,000 words!

The new cover IS pretty, even if it's not a true match to the others. I like it.

Now, back to revisions for me!