Monday, October 24, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, October 24, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 68 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 17000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 34000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 51000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 68000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 85000 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

5 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

Had a busy writing week last week. Worked on edits to book #3 of my LEGACY series, as well as final edits to my Rock and Romance trilogy that will be re-issued on Nov. 1, Nov. 15 and Dec. 1. I'm also doing promotion for the Rock and Romance trilogy.

This week will bring more edits to the LEGACY series, a revamped Web site for me writing as Genie Gabriel, and a new blog with a fun contest for the Rock and Romance series. Whee! It's energizing to be back in promotion mode along with keeping the writing moving on stories!

Hope everyone has a productive week!

Paty Jager said...

Sounds very productive, Genene!

I managed 5000 words last week, not what I wanted but better than nothing considering!

This week there won't be any words written on the WIP I have to finish copies for the workshop I'm giving at Emerald City conference, put together a one hour presentation/hands on program for three 4th grade classes on Wednesday, head to the conference on Thursday with the lovely Annabeth, attend a workshop by Bob Mayer on Friday morning, teach a workshop and be part of the book signing on Saturday, and then enjoy the conference. I'm waiting for November to get here so I can sit down and write!!! Oh and I received the galley for Spirit of the Sky so I have to go over that, too.

Barbara Cool Lee said...

Wow, Genene and Paty, you both did really well. I really lagged this week. Worked on non-writing stuff most of the time. I only wrote about 1500 words. But I *did* make some major progress on my characters' motives and backstory, so I'm happy with that. I hope to do better this week, but it's crazy around here.

Good luck on reaching this week's goals, everyone!

Genene Valleau said...

Wow, Paty, 5000 words is still awesome! And sounds like you have a busy, exciting week coming up! I'd love to hear about Emerald City, so hope you're planning to share some highlights when you get back.

Barb, 1500 words plus motivation and backstory is pretty great, especially in the midst of moving prep. Good job!

Sarah Raplee said...

I have a confession to make. I am a slow writer.

I'm in AWE of you all!

Sarah