Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, October 17, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 75 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 18750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 37500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 56250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 75000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 93750 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

6 comments:

Paty Jager said...

I finished the edits on Spirit of the Sky and sent them back to my editor. Yeah! this week is work on Logger in Petticoats.

Annabeth Albert said...

YAY PATY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy dancing that your mojo is on the way back!

I got a scant 1,000 words last week. Jeebies. Had grading, online work, computer issues, and disappointment over not finaling in either New Voices or Golden Rose. But onwards and upwards. Decided I might not make GH deadline with my WIP, so I'm going to enter my YA one more time, doing a round of edits using everything I've learned this year. If I have a fabulous writing surge prior to the 15th and there are still GH slots left, I'll still enter the WIP. If not, there are other contests & next year.

Barbara Cool Lee said...

Congratulations on finishing your edits, Paty. And I love the title Logger in Petticoats.

Annabeth, I loved your New Voices entry. I look forward to reading the rest of it in the future!

I've written 7000 words on my latest project, "Billion Dollar Baby," targeted to Superromance. This is a romance without a hint of suspense--very different for me. I want to finish the proposal this month, so I have a lot to do. Also packing/painting/organizing like crazy for our move!

Good luck on your work this week, everyone.

Genene Valleau said...

Hooray for finishing your edits, Paty! Looking forward to reading the third of your Spirit series.

Annabeth/Bethany, you're still making forward progress, so hooray! And you have one entry ready for the Golden Heart, so that's great news too!

Barb, awesome progress on your latest project! And doing that amid getting ready to move is amazing!

I have great writing news that I can now share. The rights to my first three books have reverted to me and will be re-issed as e-books by Rogue Phoenix Press on Nov. 1, Nov. 15 and Dec. 1 of this year. I am totally delighted, designed new covers, and am quickly planning promotion for these books. I've also decided to write under the pseudonym Genie Gabriel, so will have an updated Web site as well as a blog dedicated to my re-issued Rock and Romance series on Nov. 1.

I'm also working on edits to book #3 of my LEGACY series, slowed down a bit by pulling together all the details on the re-issues, but still moving forward.

You can probably guess my goals for the upcoming week are to work on promotion, on updating my Web site, getting the new blog on line, and to continue to work on edits to my LEGACY series.

Happy writing, everyone!

Paty Jager said...

Annabeth, 1000 words is better than none, what I've had the last month on my WIP. But it will change this week! Keep moving forward and entering contests. It was the finaling along the way in contests that kept me writing and moving forward.

Thanks Barb. Congrats on the word count on your project. Hate to hear the words moving, but I know we'll stay in touch through here and e-mail.

Congrats on the rights reversion, Genene!!! And what a great pseudonym! It sounds like one of your Rock Stars! LOL

Sarah Raplee said...

Paty, congrats on completing your edits.

Annabeth, I'm hoping to enter the Golden Heart this year, too. You go, Girl! Your New Voices entry rocked!

Barb, I LOVE your title! Good luck in your new subgenre. :)I hope you have an easy move, if there is such a thing.

Genene, congratulations on the re-issue of your Rock and Romance series. And Paty's right; your pseudonym could belong to a rock star.:)

I'm slowly but steadily moving forward with revising Blindsight while pre-writing my YA Steampunk romance with the help of Paty's online class.