Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, October 10, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 82 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 20500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 41000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 61500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 82000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 102500 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

4 comments:

Annabeth Albert said...

Just over 2,000 words last week. Sigh. But also, smile because that's 2,000 more than I would have had if I'd just given into the urge to not open the file (seriously had three 25 word days).

And I did do other stuff moving forward with building a professional identity as a writer--made a homepage:

http://www.annabethalbert.com

And a facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/annabethalbert

And am switching my twitter handle to my name as per the recommendations of the branding guru, Kristin Lamb.

Got a new blog post up too & ordered business cards & a few magnets for Emerald City. (If you need promo stuff Vistaprint has huge columbus day sale!)

Let me know what you think of the homepage and friend me on facebook so I'm not so lonely :) :) :) (I mainly use twitter these days, but I wanted to make sure I "own" my name in a variety of social media outlets).

~The writer formerly known as Bethany.

Paty Jager said...

Annabeth, What a great step forward! Sometimes moving forward in your writing doesn't have to do with writing but with the whole package.

My writing last week was spent rebuilding my website on a new host site. If you want to take a gander it's under subdomain.patyjager.net right now until that gets hooked up with the patyjager.net.

I received the edits for Spirit of the Sky so that will be my goal this week, to work on the edits.

chanceofbooks said...

How gorgeous Paty! Clean, professional, and totally reflecting your personality & brand. Let me know when is live & I'll pimp the link and contest on my feeds.

Genene Valleau said...

Annabeth/Bethany--congrats on the words! As you said, that's 2000 more than last week. And what a fun Web site! Good job!

Paty, hooray that your Web site is ready to roll again! Very nice! I really like what you did with your individual books. I'm planning something similar for my revamped Web site that will launch after the first of the year.

I made some progress last week on edits to the third book in my LEGACY series. I've also been preparing to tape an interview for cable TV on Tuesday with the other Rogue's Angels. That included finishing the cover for book #3.

My goal for the coming week is more edits to LEGACY book #3, and to keep moving forward on other good stuff related to writing.

Hope everyone has a productive week!