Monday, October 03, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, October 3, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 89 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 22250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 44500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 66750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 89000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 111250 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

6 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

I am pleased to say last week I made progress on edits to book #3 of my LEGACY series.

Am also preparing for the taping of a TV interview with the other Rogue's Angels that will be aired after the first of the year on cable television in the Portland area. This tape will also be available for us to use as a promotional tool in other areas. This preparation has helped me focus on promotion for my LEGACY series. Good stuff!

Hope everyone else is making good progress!

Paty Jager said...

Genene, awesome news about the interview and the progress on your book!

I managed 1000 words yesterday on the WIP. Before that I was working on the website, the October contest that I can't get off the ground because I'm still having issues with my website. Anyone know how to get read only off a publisher document when it doesn't say it's read only?

The last of the company arrives later this week. I'm hoping to get in some good writing time later today and Tuesday and Wednesday.

Genene Valleau said...

Hey, Paty, 1000 words is forward progress!

I've not used Publisher, but can you do a "save as" on your publisher page to get rid of read only? Of course, make sure you have a back-up. :) Then retitle the saved document to what you want it to be?

Hope you get this straightened out soon. How frustrating!

chanceofbooks said...

YAY Genene!

And Paty you are making progress--you just have so many pots on the fire! Great work on the website and contest--I don't know Publisher but I hope you fix it soon! Good luck!

I got 3286 words last week. I want 3,000 again this week. Actually, I want 5,000 but 3,000 is more realistic and doable. It's the first week of classes teaching and I've been having stomach issues to boot. But, must. keep. going. Even if it's just a small number of words!

chanceofbooks said...

Just got confirmation that I'm an RWA member again :) And paid my Golden Heart fee for the first of what I hope will be two entries :) And yeah, I know, only really interesting to me, but I'm still happy :)

Sarah Raplee said...

Genene, Paty, and Bethany, congratulations on making progress! I spent last week working on the RTG blog. We're trying to pare down the work by streamlining the administrative process. Also finished Golden Rose judging.

Yay!