Friday, October 28, 2011

I Babies

Current Project: Sharks
Status: Almost Done and with twists

Technology pertaining to infants. My almost 2 year old granddaughter is an I baby. What you say is that? It is a baby who has grown up with an Ipod in his/her hand. She can find netflix but can't quite get the show she wants. She knows the symbol for skype and want to call ne ne, her aunt Jenee. I really feel inadequate. I'm still trying to navigate my new android. I know, I know I just don't have the time to stare at my phone and push icons until I see something I want.

Can anyone possibly imagine what the technology will be in the next 10 years? OMG I think all babies should be I babies or they might be left behind. I can't imagine. I just can't think about it.
And as a retired math teacher, I can't believe I'm saying this. Is there really a reason for our children to learn their multiplication tables? Give them a calculator and forget the headaches! (no I don't think I just said that).

I remember about 10 years ago when my parents were debating a computer. I said "You have to stay up with technology."

Wow! I will forever remember those words. But I'm not sure anyone will be able to keep up with technology or be able to pay for it.

What do you think technology will be like in 1o year? And what do you think about I babies? good or bad?

1 comment:

Genene Valleau said...

I say, let there be iBabies! Then they can show those of us who are struggling to keep up how to operate all the new technology!

The technology in ten years? I've never been a very good visionary. I focus on the present day details.

But what technology would I wish for?
--Affordable vehicles that do NOT use fossil fuels but can travel long distances at high speeds. :)

--Solar power instead of sinking our money into electric companies.

--Voice recognition computers that automatically omit my curse words when it doesn't work as I want it to. :)

And I think we'll see a mix of text and graphics and video in books--my dream!