Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hook Up with Tech Stars Like NiteCruzr

Current Project: Revising Blindsight
Status: Moving Forward


My most recent helpful tech discovery is a virtual hunk named NiteCruzr. I began stalking him after I spotted him several times on the Blogger Help Forum, where I’d gone in desperation when Blogger’s stock Help answers didn’t help. (Find the forum by clicking on ‘contact us’ in the new Blogger interface.) 

Anyhow, this technical giant of a man oozed answers (over 50,000 of them so far.) He is a Star contributor, someone who knows a heck of a lot about Blogger and helps the technically-challenged, apparently out of the goodness of his heart. He does this for fun, at (you guessed it) night.

When I got over my shyness and clicked on his name link, I learned he blogs. He blogs a lot.
He’s worth his weight in virtual gold to the technically-challenged. (On a side note, he blogs about cooking at www.recipes.nitecruzr.net A Renaissance man!) The good news is, you can (virtually) stalk him, too. And others like him. 

You’ll find them on forums associated with blog or web hosting services ( WordPress, GoDaddy ), software programs (DreamWeaver, Microsoft Office Forums), and on forums devoted to personal computer users (MacTalk. Bleeping Computer .) In a nutshell: you name the technology; it’s got a forum (probably more than one.) And those forums have Stars who can (and usually will) answer your questions.

So venture out, ask your most vexing questions, and hook up with tech stars. You’ll be glad you did.

3 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

Interesting! Never thought of doing this, but there are some people who just click with technology. (Right, Deb?)

Thanks for the tip!

Paty Jager said...

Fun post you stalker you! Hmm... wonder if someone out there can figure out why my printer won't talk to my computer?

Sarah Raplee said...

Genene, glad to share.

Paty, I'd try Bleeping Computer for that.