Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, September 26, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 96 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 24000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 48000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 72000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 96000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 120000 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

8 comments:

chanceofbooks said...

3,503 for me for the week. I'm at 12k in the new story. 1/3 of the way to the minimum for GH and about 1/4 of the way to the minimum for the line. I've decided. I'm going to see if I can do it--If I can have two works to enter in Golden Heart and two to pitch at Emerald City. Then hopefully the long break will make editing easier and I can edit the first, then this one back-to-back.

Genene Valleau said...

Great job, Bethany! And very ambitious goals, but I know you can do it!

I'm at least back in the game of writing. :) Sent the second book and cover of my LEGACY series to the publisher this morning. And finished a class on the emotional characteristics of law enforcement officers last week, which gave me more good info on edits for the third book of the series, as the hero is a LEO. And I got some editing done on that book.

My goal for this week is more editing on book #3.

Sarah Raplee said...

Great progress, Bethany and Genene! After a week out of town, my goal is to catch up and hunker down and get those proposals out!

Paty Jager said...

Yeah, Bethany!! Sounds like a plan.

Yeah, Genene, I'm glad one of us is writing!

Sarah, I hear ya!

I didn't write a lick on the WIP last week. I've been having difficulties getting my website at the new host updated and bought a new computer which I played with *grin*. I helped put together packets for the Fourth Grade Picture Book contest, was the speaker for the local writers' meeting, went to Clarkston, WA for a book signing and this week I find myself having to input scores for the Golden Rose contest and judge entries for the Lit Harvest writing contest. So, I'm not sure what kind of writing will get done. I also have a several blogs to write, hand outs for ECWC to get written up, and write my newsletter and hopefully finally get updates on my website. Sigh... Calgon take me away!

And I've had fans inquiring about Hank's story...the one I haven't foudn time ot work on.

chanceofbooks said...

Great job Genene, and you can do it Paty and Sarah. Paty, my grandmother's dearest friend gave her a large rubber stamp one year for Christmas--with NO! on it. She said that way Grandma could say no since the word never came out of her mouth :) Just a little reminder that it's okay to say no to get more space to write. And I inherited my Grandmother's tendency to say yes to every request that comes along, so I have to work really hard at this too. There are only so many hours in the day, and it's so hard to fit everything in. I know you will find your way back to your WIP soon! Hank won't be silent too long . . .

Paty Jager said...

Thanks, Bethany. I'm thinking I may be doing NANO WRMO this year!

Paty Jager said...

Thanks, Bethany. I'm thinking I may be doing NANO WRMO this year!

Genene Valleau said...

I'm another recovering "yes" person--who slides off the wagon often. I work up my "no" muscle...but how can you say "no" to people you love? Or for a really good cause? Or...or...or...

In spite of those "yes" answers, I wrote more this afternoon. Felt soooo good. So, Paty, hope you make time to write soon. If you can do NaNoWriMo, I'm impressed. Never did figure out how so many people can write so many words during the holidays. :)