Monday, September 05, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, September 5, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 117 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 29250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 58500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 87750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 117000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 146250 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

2 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Oh happy dayyyy! Yes,I can finally say I wrote. I put 3000 words on the word document yesterday on my new WIP! I am officially starting the last Halsey book.

We're also in Princeton working on the last cutting of hay. Well, my dh is so far because it's just been raking and waiting for the hay to dry to bale.Then when that's done He'll need my help to get it out of the field. But until then I can ride my horse and write so I hope to get 4-5,000 words this week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor day!

Genene Valleau said...

Hooray, Paty! I so much understand the celebration of putting words in the computer. I'm getting quite crabby at not getting to that point yet.

Once again planning to edit book #3 of my series this week. :)