Monday, August 22, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, August 22, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 131 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 32750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 65500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 98250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 131000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 163750 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

7 comments:

chanceofbooks said...

8,777 words last week and today another 2,500 or so . . . AND . . .


I'm DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it in less than my 4 month goal. I wrote every day from May 1st on and I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was all about proving something to myself and I think I succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

82,626 words and DONE. Now, I have to figure out where to cut about 5K of them so that I can get back down close to the target for this line.

My goal for the week is to get a synopsis done and begin mapping scenes so that I can find plot holes and find places to cut.

Barbara Cool Lee said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Woo hoo!

See you at the next meeting, then???

Yay for you!

chanceofbooks said...

Sept. 8 right???? Let me work out childcare and then yes :)

Barbara Cool Lee said...

Meeting's September 1st, 6-9 p.m. (first hour is an optional critique/brainstorming session). Same location.

Genene Valleau said...

Happy dancin' for you, Bethany! Great word count last week and CONGRATULATIONS on finishing!!! What a great feeling! Am looking forward to seeing you again at the September meeting.

Which occupied most of my writing-related time last week--preparing for the Sept. 1 meeting presentation of "Beyond Storyboards."

Going back through my databases and building a character notebook as well as spiffing up my storyboards has been a wonderful way for me to re-organize my thoughts to edit book #3. I'll start edits with events and how they affected characters in books 1 and 2 fresh in my mind. Will also know what clues or story threads I left dangling to wrap up over the course of the series.

Hope to see many of you at the meeting on September 1!

Paty Jager said...

Yee Haw!! Bethany!! Fantastic! I'm late to this celebration.

My summer has had so many interruptions I don't know if I'll ever get back on track. I watched grandkids for my daughter while she did errand on Monday and then I headed to Danita's to spend the night because I judged at State Fair yesterday.

The writing side of things...I'll be uploading the sister's book I co wrote with another TWRP author either today or tomorrow, when I get the blurb written and okayed by her. While doing all my driving lately I solidified my heroine for the next Halsey book. She was being vague until this last road trip.

I have a short story coming out in the TWRP Love Letters series in November. And I've been playing e-mail tag with a representative from the community college in Clarkston WA. They want me to do a presentation when I'm up there for a book signing. It seems like these days I do more PR than writing!

And at this point I can't say for sure if I"ll be at the Sept. meeting. I'll be judging in Gilliam county the day before. I have to see how the logistics go and how late I judge.

Paty Jager said...

Oh my goal for this week that's almost over... Upload For a Sister's Love and do more research for Logger in Petticoats and start writing the darn book!