Monday, August 01, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, August 1, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 152 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 38000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 76000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 114000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 152000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 190000 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

3 comments:

chanceofbooks said...

I hope everyone had a great week! I didn't get as much with the word count--just around 1,500 words. But I did also get my first 50 pages all shiny and polished for the Golden Rose, picked a new title (still might go back to the old one!), got some great feedback from the CP I've been working with, got the details of Emerald City worked out, and had an amazing email conversation with a pubbed writer about my direction for the book and contest strategy, so I'm feeling like it was a good week. Looking forward to laying down some serious words this week, although the in-laws are in town, so that might be more than challenging.

I'm going to set a goal of 4,000 words.

Want to get a lot of words in August? Join the August40K challenge hosted by Shoshanna Evers-- http://august40k.blogspot.com

Genene Valleau said...

Hey, Bethany! But you still made progress. Hooray!

I know what you mean about going back and forth between titles. I always seem to do that. Sounds like you received great feedback, too, which is wonderful.

I got sidetracked by other work more than I planned on last week, so didn't finish edits on the second book of my series. However, I'm very pleased with the deeper character development of the edits I did make. I'm still OK for deadlines, so will plan on finishing that book and the cover this week.

Happy writing to all!

Paty Jager said...

Bethany, you may not have added a lot of words last week but you accomplished a lot in the writing world last week.

Lori says congrats on your Emerald City Final.

Genene, Congrats on the deeper POV.

For me, the usual while company is here- now writing. I'm struggling just to keep up with the blogs I'm on. But the good news the company will all leave this weekend! So I expect next week to start on the new WIP. And this weekend I was invited to speak at a contractors conference. It seems strange but myself and a mystery writer are the speakers for a brunch for the attendees and their spouses. They are paying me to talk about my writing life and they purchased my books to give to the wives. The bonus, I haven't been to the coast with my hubby in several years and they are footing the bill for one night. So my spare moment shit week is putting together my presentation.