Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A whirlwind weekend

Current Project: Plethora of things
Status: Keeping my head above water

I spent the past weekend hanging out with the authors of the Eastern Oregon Writer's Guild. We talked writing, politics, history, small towns, and marketing. The weather on Saturday was less than cooperative when you had racks of books you needed to have out for the public to see. It rained off and on all day. And I'm told(it was my first sit-in with this group) that it was not a good weekend. But I sold a few books and made more acquaintances in the writing world outside romance.

In between sitting and visiting, I went to the library and dug up more info for the upcoming WIP. Learned a few things from some of the writers and historians who ventured into the booth and chatted, too, that helped me solidify my story line. Once I get caught up on the blogs, e-mails, and next book to upload to Kindle, I'll start writing the book.

But first I have to survive the visit of my grandkids. Monday we took all eight to the Boise water park. Let me just say... the Avalanche is NOT a ride for the weak of heart!!

What have you done lately that had you yelling, "Holy Crap!" and thrusting your stomach into your throat?

7 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

LOL, Paty! Eight grandkids, huh? Guess I must have settled into the mundane rut I prefer, because I can't remember any "Holy crap!" moments lately. :)

Enjoy your grandkids!

Christine Young said...

The last time? hum must have been at Disney World last summer.I absolutely love all the rides except Tower of Terror. I always mess up on the name of that ride.

Paty Jager said...

Yeah, we took five(ages 3-7) shopping in Costco this morning. I'm exhausted!! The three year old was the best!

Chris- There are a lot of rides in Disneyland that do that to me.

chanceofbooks said...

You drove from Bend to Boise Idaho??? Wow you are one amazing Grandma!!!! And to costco too?? Far braver than me!

Paty Jager said...

Bethany, my daughter was with me so I didn't go it alone! I don't think I would have survived if I'd gone by myself.

Sarah Raplee said...

I'd have to say it was a couple of weekends ago when I tried surfing at Indian Beach. I'm even WORSE at surfing now than I was as a teen, and I was terrible then. :)

Sarah Raplee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.